Whistling noise

/ Whistling noise #1  

blake037374

Silver Member
Tractor
CT440
Free working with tractor for hour or two. Only when I go in reverse sometimes I hear a whistling noise. And if I ease off to go slower it stops but will happen if I press harder again. Not sure if it's normal. Have any of you heard this.

/ Whistling noise #2  
Free working with tractor for hour or two. Only when I go in reverse sometimes I hear a whistling noise. And if I ease off to go slower it stops but will happen if I press harder again. Not sure if it's normal. Have any of you heard this.

Yes there is a kit to fix this problem..It only occurs in reverse and only after the fluid is hot. The kit is easy to retrofit it replaces a banjo bolt and adds a high pressure dead ended hose.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...ving-reverse.html?highlight=squeal+in+reverse

Part numbers from the parts bags they came in, are as follows: New style eyebolt to replace existing~ part # T4125-39101.
Attenuator hose: part # T4125-39001
Cord band,(cable tie) part # T2185-82551

/ Whistling noise #3  
This thread has been very helpful! My Bobcat CT335 also exhibits this squealing sound when warmed up and in reverse. After reading through
the thread referenced by James K0UA, I checked the parts list for the external hydraulic lines for the CT335, and have attached it in PDF
format to this message. It shows the new banjo bolt and dead-ended hose (items # 23 and 24 on the diagram) as a replacement for the original
bolt (item #19 that attached the rigid pipe from the HST filter assembly to the HST).

My CT335 (2012 model) does not have this dead-ended hose. I couldn't find any mention of this in the CT35 shop manual. The
attached diagram does show the appropriate part numbers for the dead-ended hose and banjo joint bolt.

You can find the parts list breakdown diagrams on the Bobcat website by clicking on the Parts & Service tab and clicking on Service & Maintenance
and then click on 'Go To Parts Catalog'. Select your tractor model to obtain a list of sub-assemblies. Select the External Hydraulic Line Group.

Make sure that you use Internet Explorer for this as it doesn't work with Firefox.

Attachments

• CT335 HST EXT HYD LINE Gp.pdf
    80 KB · Views: 150
   / Whistling noise #4  
I can attest that it works, I have the kit in mine. Mine only did it when the fluid was run for at least 2 hours hard in hot weather. And the sound was pretty mild, but it was there. After the kit was installed, it is gone.

/ Whistling noise #5  
I can attest that it works, I have the kit in mine. Mine only did it when the fluid was run for at least 2 hours hard in hot weather. And the sound was pretty mild, but it was there. After the kit was installed, it is gone.

Did you install the kit yourself, or did the dealer install it??

/ Whistling noise #6  
Did you install the kit yourself, or did the dealer install it??

We installed it together in my driveway. Anyone could install it. It is just a few minutes with a wrench.