Diy cab

/ Diy cab #1  

blake037374

Silver Member
Tractor
CT440
I know this sounds crazy.

Have any of you decided to make your own cab for your tractor? If so what type of cooling did you put in. I've had one person say just hook up inverter and get 110 ac unit from walmart.

What's y'all's thoughts? I'm contemplating making my own cab.

/ Diy cab #2  
Lots of DIY cabs here, just do a search. You aren't going to run an AC unit off an inverter - at least not for long.

/ Diy cab
I was thinking of a 110 unit. You think that would last like a 5k btu.

/ Diy cab #4  
User "chim" is the first to come to mind, but there have been others that have made them. If you have decent fabrication skills it is quite possible.

Most of these small tractors don't have strong enough electrical systems to power an ac unit from an inverter.

/ Diy cab
Other thought was to sell it and get smaller one with cab

/ Diy cab #7  
That may be a good idea. Financially I doubt you would come out ahead if you consider your labor and materials, not to mention the a/c (or lack thereof) aspect. I think building a cab is more about wanting to do it... just for the fun of it or for the experience.

If you are doing it to save money, you won't be happy in the end... unless you enjoy that kind of work.

/ Diy cab
Yea not bad idea. Sounds like I may need to lean toward trying to sell it.

/ Diy cab #9  
You'll never power a home use A/C unit. You'd be more inclined to rig up an auto a/c compressor, and use whatever blower unit you'd plan to use for your heating system to install the condenser in. A 12v R/V roof mount is another option. In that option, I'd suspect you'll need a couple of reserve batteries and a battery isolator such as that used on highway trucks. Good luck

/ Diy cab #10  
You'll never power a home use A/C unit.
Where there's a will...
file.php?1,file=45362,filename=GeneratorCarAirConditionerWindowUni.jpg