Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT230

Default Re: CT230 - Won't turn over

I should get a chance to work on it tonight. I will the battery using the volt meter and a resistor to make sure the battery is good. It should be though, it was new last year. I would think that if it were the battery, or even a cable the engine would at least try to turn over. I think I might try to just jumper the seat safety switch to see if that's the problem and I'll climb under and see if the hydro safety switch is fouled in any way. I bought some electrical contact cleaner and will clean all the contacts I can get to and also the key switch. We will see where we go from there.

Would someone be able to give me instructions on how to possibly jump start the starter to see if I can get it running?

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    CT235

I would advise you to get some help if you need to do this, and make **** sure the machine is in neutral and can't roll because you will be in between the wheels.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/b...h-failure.html
    Tim.

Tractor
    Bobcat CT230

Problem Solved I guess I should have looked harder the first time. I had actuated the foot pedal several times, back and forth and it seem to return to normal like it should have, so I just assumed it was fine. This evening, I did it again and heard the switch snap, and then it didn't'. Crawled under to find a thorn stuck between the switch and the plate it actuates on. The pedal was moving freely, but the switch was stuck. Moved the thorn, and problem solved. Glad it was something so basic, just wish I had found it the other day.

Thanks for all the help fellas, helped me think out the steps I needed to take to fix the problem.

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Quote Originally Posted by CT230 Fan View Post
    Problem Solved I guess I should have looked harder the first time. I had actuated the foot pedal several times, back and forth and it seem to return to normal like it should have, so I just assumed it was fine. This evening, I did it again and heard the switch snap, and then it didn't'. Crawled under to find a thorn stuck between the switch and the plate it actuates on. The pedal was moving freely, but the switch was stuck. Moved the thorn, and problem solved. Glad it was something so basic, just wish I had found it the other day.

Thanks for all the help fellas, helped me think out the steps I needed to take to fix the problem.
    Well, there you go, a no cost fix.. cant beat that!
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Tractor
    Bobcat CT225

Glad you got it figures out. Just goes to show just because a lever/pedal is moving doesn't mean a switch is opening or closing like it should.
    Dennis

CT225 w/7TL QA FEL, 60"tooth dirt bucket, 68" smooth bucket, Pallet Forks, Bale Spear. Hydrualic top llin, QH, 48 RC, 60" tiller, Angle blade, Landscape rake, Carry-all, Post hole auger.

Tractor
    Bobcat ct 225

I have that happen a couple times a year. First time, I was in the middle of nowhere. It started raining about 5 min after tractor stopped. Not my best day.

Tractor
    Bobcat CT225

I haven't had anything get caught in the travel pedal switch YET, but did find out a few months back that there is a "sweet spot" in the PTO lever that will cut out the safety switch but not move it far enough to light up the PTO On light in the dash. Now that is first thing I check any time it won't crank.
    Dennis

CT225 w/7TL QA FEL, 60"tooth dirt bucket, 68" smooth bucket, Pallet Forks, Bale Spear. Hydrualic top llin, QH, 48 RC, 60" tiller, Angle blade, Landscape rake, Carry-all, Post hole auger.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12