CT235 stays on when key turned off

/ CT235 stays on when key turned off #1  

brotsten

Tractor
Bobcat CT235
I recently acquired this tractor form a less than scrupulous individual. About a month I had a situation where the tractor would not turn over (wire to starter solenoid came off), at the time I checked the fuses and noticed the one for the alternator was missing. I replaced the fuse.

Last week the tractor wouldn't shut off, remembering the suspiciously missing fuse from earlier, I removed it and and everything turned off. Out came the meter. The fuse block has three separate power feeds and two were shorted together when the alternator fuse was installed. I traced down inside the loom about 1/2 way to the alternator where the factory had put a splice in to create a Y junction. The splice was somewhat sharp and rubbed through the 88 tape and insulation of the alternator (regulator) input.

Hopefully it will save someone else a little time in the future.

Brian

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    918.2 KB · Views: 148
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 170
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    831.8 KB · Views: 150
   / CT235 stays on when key turned off #3  
Wow I'll bet that was fun to find! Thanks for posting and welcome. How r u liking your tractor so far?

/ CT235 stays on when key turned off #4  
Way to turn a negative situation around with pics and instructions to help the next guy.

/ CT235 stays on when key turned off
Thanks for the welcome. This is my first tractor other than weekend rentals and an old JD farm model my dad had. So far I'm liking it. I have one of our mechanical engineers drawing up a grapple for the FEL, I showed him a thread here of one and we are copying it. I'll post the drawing and pictures when it gets made.