CT 445 won't start

/ CT 445 won't start #1  

kengreen

My Bobcat CT 445, DK 45 HST, won't start. The gear shift lights won't come on. I removed the potentiometer that is linked to the gear shift lever and after cleaning the contacts, it worked going from about 20 ohms to 1850 ohms in a smooth manner as the lever moved. I put it back, but stil the gear lights don't come on. Any way to test the Pre Heat-Cruise module? Any other suggestions?

/ CT 445 won't start #2  
The sensor works on a 5 volt input with reduce voltage variance fed back to the module, depending on shift lever position. Check the red/with white stripe wire for 5 volts and check feedback voltage on the white wire to see if it changes while moving the shift lever.
If no voltage going into the sensor, check for 12v power to the module. This is also a Red/wht wire.
Checking both Red/wht wires, with key on, 1 should have 12v from the fuse the other should have 5v to the shift position sensor.

/ CT 445 won't start
preheatcrusemodule.jpg

Attachments

• preheatcrusemodule.jpg
    preheatcrusemodule.jpg
    382.1 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
   / CT 445 won't start #4  
Can't offer any help for your situation but I do hope you get it figured out.

/ CT 445 won't start
with the key in the on position, VOM measuring between the black and white wires coming out of the potentiomenter gets 1.3V at L and 3.7 at H position. It jumps regularly with each change in position.

/ CT 445 won't start
I got a preheat cruise module from Bobcat of Frederick. It fixed it.