Anybody replaced a battery yet

/ Anybody replaced a battery yet #1  

MESSMAKER

Veteran Member
Tractor
DK4710SE
Mine is going on 5 years old and is still going strong. It seems a s strong as day one. Anybody hit the wall yet?

/ Anybody replaced a battery yet #2  
Mine only went three years. Put an Optima in should be good. The factory battery connectors are pretty pathetic.

/ Anybody replaced a battery yet #3  
Bought my ct235 in September of 2009 and still running the same battery. No signs that it needs replaced yet. JP

/ Anybody replaced a battery yet #4  
You are kidding, right????

I am on my 3rd battery in 5 years. The first 2 were Bobcat brand and they failed fast. The first came with the tractor. The second was replaced at no charge. After the 2nd Bobcat battery died, I went with a sealed non-Bobcat battery. So far, that battery is doing well.

Fortunately, I did not have the battery leakage issues and the problems with the cables.

MoKelly

/ Anybody replaced a battery yet #5  
The batteries on my equipment last an average of 5-7 years. The exception was a gel cell battery I purchased from a local dealer - eleven years. I looked at an Odyssey AGM battery for my Kubota - WOW, the price was astronomical. It was right at $400.

/ Anybody replaced a battery yet #6  
The one thing I've experienced is ... today's batteries don't give you any warning that they are going bad. They'll work just fine until...they don't. Then you're done right where you sit.

/ Anybody replaced a battery yet #7  
Nope. Same battery as the day I bought the tractor. Last time the tractor saw the dealer's lot was when I bought it. Other than the bolts between the transmission and rear end loosening up occasionally, (and leaking hydraulic fluid) it has been trouble free. I'm gonna Loctite those bolts when I get time. Crossing my fingers now that I've posted this! JP

/ Anybody replaced a battery yet #8  
I just replaced the original Bobcat battery that came with the tractor in May 2012. It was
leaking through the vent caps, and no evidence of overcharging. I replaced it with a
Sears Diehard advanced gold AGM34 which was on sale for $148.49. I hope that this one
lasts longer than 2 years.

/ Anybody replaced a battery yet #9  
I had dealer replace the battery when I got it because tractor had been sitting on the lot for 1& 1/2 without any recharge. Little over 3 years and going strong. Battery cable clamp corroded and broke, but battery is doing fine.

/ Anybody replaced a battery yet #10  
Bought tractor in February 2014. New 2012 model. Just turned 103 hours. Original battery. Did have leaking once though after working on steep hills.