To fill or not to fill

/ To fill or not to fill
Using the loader today with the box blade on the back I would run out of power on the hydrostat before I ran out of traction. But it was nice and dry

/ To fill or not to fill
Yes. I did not use diff lock either.
I'm surprised at how well this tractor grabs traction. It is my first hydro and first r 4 tires. I like it a lot but the hydro relief did take some getting used to. All my gear drives would just keep digging when I would scoop in to a pile. They all had aggs and were lighter with filled tires. This is why I was asking others about difference between filled and unfilled. I'm just not sure.

Isn't it crazy just how much time we (mostly me) can spend thinking or debating on something so trivial. I glad this site is here to get others opinions. I do enjoy trying to find the best set up for what I have. Thanks.

/ To fill or not to fill #14  
I ran the first 40+ hrs. without filling then trying to decide if I wanted filled tires I bought the fill adapter at TSC and filled with water. Within a week I drained the water and filled with anti-freeze mix and haven't looked back. Besides adding stability, the operation I found most improved is traction loading the bucket. Without fill it was necessary to use 4wd just trying to scope loose topsoil I had delivered. With filled rears I can load he bucket in loose soil in 2wd just as easily as it was in 4wd non-filled.

If you do fill the tires continue to use rear ballast on the 3 point when lifting heavy loads in the FEL. Loaded tires help keep rear on the ground but do nothing to offset the heavy load on front axle with FEL loaded close to capacity.

/ To fill or not to fill
Thanks to all for your input I appreciate it.

/ To fill or not to fill #16  
Thank you tman for starting this thread. I've been postponing filling my tires, but after reading this, I will get it done.
If you fill with the beat juice, will you do it yourself?
Thx
Jeff

/ To fill or not to fill #17  
Thank you tman for starting this thread. I've been postponing filling my tires, but after reading this, I will get it done.
If you fill with the beat juice, will you do it yourself?
Thx
Jeff

If you ever find on how you can fill tires yourself with Beet juice please let us know. Last time I explored this, the cost of the stuff was so prohibitive that it could not be done. 1.(around here anyway) had to be a dealer and 2. Could not buy anything less than a 55 gallon drum of the stuff.
When I was trying tractors last year, I found the r4's to have much better grunt into a pile of dirt than the ags which broke traction sooner. These tires were also unfilled. Filled tires make a tractor a different tractor as far as traction. A loaded ballast box has the same effect. I mostly skid logs with mine so I needed to fill the tires without the encumbrance of something else on the 3 pt.

/ To fill or not to fill
I honestly still don't know if I will fill. I almost never loose traction. I was just thinking that it may be beneficial in snow or ice. If I do fill I will not do this myself. I have been quoted a price from a rim guard dealer that is about the same as buying wind washer fluid. Filling them with that stuff would not be fun it is supposed to smell very bad and be very sticky.

/ To fill or not to fill #19  
I'm going to fill mine. I'll be checking prices this week. I haven't even taken step one yet. So, I'm assuming I won't be able to fill them myself after reading the last few posts. I'll post here what the cost is going to be. I did notice from their website that you have to call them to get a dealer location. That's interesting they don't have a dealer locator on the site. Sure keeps the "getting competitive quotes" under control.

/ To fill or not to fill
I can't remember the exact price I was quoted I just remember that I knew it would cost me over a dollar a gallon for windshield washer fluid and then I would still have to buy the pump and do it myself. And at the time I remember thinking that rim guard was not that much more and in my opinion worth the extra money for the extra weight. I will try to call and get a new quote and post the cost here soon.