Solar battery charger

/ Solar battery charger #2  
I guess it depends on what you plan to do with it. You can buy solar panels for $1 a watt - this one is only 5 watts.

/ Solar battery charger #3  
I have an electric fencer that uses a solar panel to charge the battery. It works great. Never have to go to the far end of the property - exchange the battery & recharge the first one. Its been on the fence 41/2 years now. I do have all the controls in a weather tight Tupperware tub. Only the solar panel is outside. My only thought is - if you keep your tractor under cover - is the wiring long enough so you can get the solar panel out in the sunshine. Otherwise, I think this is a good idea and sure will extend the life of a battery. I've used Battery Minder chargers - they are good units.

/ Solar battery charger
They said they have a 20 foot cord on the solar panel.

/ Solar battery charger
Yes it will mainly be to charge the tractor battery.

/ Solar battery charger #6  
I guess it depends on what you plan to do with it. You can buy solar panels for $1 a watt - this one is only 5 watts.

This set up is a combination of a charger, de-sulphantor, and solar panel.

You can buy larger panels at a dollar a watt (or less), but the smaller ones still run in the several buck/watt range.

/ Solar battery charger
Also this one says it supports 2 batteries. Reviews were good on it.

/ Solar battery charger #9  
This set up is a combination of a charger, de-sulphantor, and solar panel.

You can buy larger panels at a dollar a watt (or less), but the smaller ones still run in the several buck/watt range.
This one is $24 a watt. Expensive de-sulphantor.

/ Solar battery charger #10  
I guess it depends on what you plan to do with it. You can buy solar kit for $1 a watt - this one is only 5 watts.

Is that really possible? Can you tell the best place to get these panels?

Last edited: