can a ct235 be put in to neutral so we can drag in behind a truck?

/ can a ct235 be put in to neutral so we can drag in behind a truck? #1  

windsor96

Tractor
john deere 650
My friend needs help with his tractor. A chipmunk crawled into his tractor and the dogs went after it. Needless to say they destroyed the wiring harness. Its now 15 degrees and we are not fixing it out side. Its sitting about 75' from the shop. Will it hurt it to pull it will the truck?

/ can a ct235 be put in to neutral so we can drag in behind a truck? #2  
You should be fine. Make sure you are in neutral where the tractor can roll (and not in 4 wheel drive) and a short tow going pretty slow will work. Also, have someone on the tractor helping to steer and push in the clutch pedal while moving.

Good luck.

MoKelly

/ can a ct235 be put in to neutral so we can drag in behind a truck? #3  
For short distances, say 1/4 mile, just put it in neutral and drive slow. I am assuming it is an HST. IF it is gear drive, just put in neutral and go as far as you like, it isn't going to hurt a thing.

/ can a ct235 be put in to neutral so we can drag in behind a truck?
For short distances, say 1/4 mile, just put it in neutral and drive slow. I am assuming it is an HST. IF it is gear drive, just put in neutral and go as far as you like, it isn't going to hurt a thing.

Yes it is hydrostatic drive

/ can a ct235 be put in to neutral so we can drag in behind a truck? #5  
Putting speed range selector in neutral will let you pull it without turning the hydrostatic pump. Put it in neutral and tow it.

/ can a ct235 be put in to neutral so we can drag in behind a truck? #6  
I would consult the owner's manual to make sure. My NH TC40DA HST can safely be towed by placing the lever in neutral, not to exceed 12 mph. The Boomer 8N CVT transmission cannot be towed any distance at all without using the transmission disconnect or damage occurs. You access the transmission disconnect shaft by crawling under it and turning a lever with a socket.