Coolant leak?

/ Coolant leak? #1  

Lockport

Platinum Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT235
Since its turned cold my CT235 has sat idle until I intended to get the snowblower on. I noticed I've a small coolant puddle which appears to be directly beneath the block heater. I deduct this as its inline with the power cord but is impossible to see where it enters the block as its directly behind the frame. Initially there doesn't seem to be a lot of options but Bars-Leak or similar product. Anyone else experience this?

/ Coolant leak? #2  
Sounds like a cold coolant leak. Have you checked/tightened the hose clamps at the heater. The factory clamps on my DK35 are not the greatest and seem to leak every year when it turns colder out.
Brent

/ Coolant leak? #3  
My coolant reservoir Leaks a small amount of antifreeze not sure why. Had me puzzled for a while till I figured it out. I just keep it low in the overflow seems to have solved the problem. Mine is a 2012 model.

/ Coolant leak? #4  
My coolant reservoir Leaks a small amount of antifreeze not sure why. Had me puzzled for a while till I figured it out. I just keep it low in the overflow seems to have solved the problem. Mine is a 2012 model.
forgot to mention it's the cap. That leaks.

/ Coolant leak? #5  
The block heater is above the main frame but do have to take the lower shroud off the get at it. 3 possible places it could be leaking. 1. heat element is loose in heater and coolant seeping past into the plug connection - pull the power cord off and see if any moisture in there. If so, need a new heater element. 2. element threads into a sleeve that is pressed into the block - see if it is dripping around the thread. If so, tightened it might fix it or take element out and put new thread sealant on. 3. The sleeve could be leaking where it is pressed into the block frost plug hole. If that is case it would require compete removal and very likely a new sleeve adapter.
If it looks like it is dripping down the hose, my guess is #1.

/ Coolant leak?
Seems I didn't look too carefully. The small puddle was under the block heater and in haste and bad lighting I made the assumption of it as source. Good news, in the end. The lower rad hose simply required tightening.

/ Coolant leak? #7  
Glad to hear it. It's nice when it's something simple

/ Coolant leak? #8  
You are a
lucky-dog.jpg