ROPS

/ ROPS #1  

Lockport

Platinum Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT235
My ROPS even at 45° hits my garage. In addition, it is always folded down and I typically hit my head when attaching or detaching any 3-point implement. It's a 2012, I think. Maybe '11, but I sat on a CK35 a few months back and would swear its ROPS was shorter.

Question: does anyone know if they have reduced the height to accommodate standard North American garage door heights? And if so, is the upper portion of a foldable ROPS interchangeable with the base of earlier branded tractors of same model?

Thanks all.

/ ROPS #2  
no help to ya on specific questions you have...

a solution for garage door, mount a pole above the door, and on end of it tie a string, and then place a tennis ball on the end. so when ya driving up to the garage door. the ball nails you in the head. *reminder* to suddenly stop and lower the ROPS

/ ROPS #3  
The height of a ROPS in the US is determined by federal regulations.

Not by the height of garage door openings.

/ ROPS #4  
A hot topic on here awhile back . Someone had their's lowered and there was all kinds of flack about it . I have the same problem with my M5700 so I just took the upper section off so I have no protection from a roll over . My ground is flat so I see no problem in what I do with my tractor .It's my business ,and was my decision so I could keep the tractor under cover , period . If and when I sell the tractor I will put the upper section back on . I have been around tractors for a long time and I don't recommend someone else taking their's off for sure. If one was to have their's lowered and was later to sell the tractor there may be an issue of the legal kind .

/ ROPS #5  
The overall height of a CT335 is lower (about 1 1/2") than the CT225-235. I don't know why, but there was not a change in ROPS design and the ROPS structures and mounting to axle frames are different. Not interchangeable.

/ ROPS #6  
This may sound like a dumb question, but have you tried folding it to the 90 degree position - straight back?
I too have to do this to fit in the garage, and also hit my head numerous times. Also have you looked to see if you can adjust your garage door. On mine I found I could get clearance by adjusting the door position when fully up (moved it back on the track more), to get full head clearance.

/ ROPS #7  
rops smopes///I took that pita thing off..don't fit under the trees either

anyone wanna buy one for a bx 2200

/ ROPS #8  
This may sound like a dumb question, but have you tried folding it to the 90 degree position - straight back?
I too have to do this to fit in the garage, and also hit my head numerous times. Also have you looked to see if you can adjust your garage door. On mine I found I could get clearance by adjusting the door position when fully up (moved it back on the track more), to get full head clearance.

I am in same situation. If I lower the ROPS to 90 degrees it fits in the garage perfectly. My garage door is a standard size --- nothing special.

MoKelly

/ ROPS
I think if I change the weatherproof flashing from around the garage door edging from tin metal to flexible rubber I might just get away with leaving it at 45°. now if I actually roll the thing over in my ditch will it stay locked at 45°? SSdoxie?

/ ROPS #10  
It should stay locked in that position, IF the through pins and hair pin clips are in place AND the set screw knobs are tightended down. It will not provide the same protection as in full upright position because the highest point is farther behind the seat and the overall height is lower so it may allow a full 180 degree rollover where if it had been in full position it might have stopped the rollover with tractor on it's side. Each case/situation varies.