Float action on rear remotes

/ Float action on rear remotes #1  

powerscol

Veteran Member
Tractor
CT 235
Looking at several pieces of equipment that have hydraulic cylinders plumbed as single action. If I understand my rear remotes correctly, by using only one port, pushing the lever one way forces the fluid into the cylinder, and pulling it back would force against the plug (unused port), but allow fluid to be released from the cylinder.

However I know there is no float setting and several of the attachment indicate to have the cylinder in float so it can adjust to terrain. Would just releasing the pressure do this, or do I need a special valve in my system. In addition some equipment has double acting cylinders, and they too say to put in float during operation.

Trying to learn here

Merry Christmas - Keith

/ Float action on rear remotes #2  
If the spool is in neutral. no flow is possible.

Float is used to follow the ground contour.

/ Float action on rear remotes
So with the typical remotes on my tractor, how is this accomplished? And excuse me for being a dummy, what is meant by the spool, is it the valve and neutral is in the center position?

Thanks

/ Float action on rear remotes #4  
Keith, double check this with your dealer, but if your CT 235 has the factory rear remote valves from Daedong, I do not think they have a float function. I know that Daedong doesn't offer rear remotes with float on the Kioti tractors.

/ Float action on rear remotes #5  
The spool is the part that moves in and out of the valve when you move the levers.

It directs the fluid where it needs to go.

Some valves block flow to work ports in neutral.

If you want the cyl to stay in place, the neutral position can lock the cyl.

Float allows the fluid to flow from the cyl in neutral.

You can add float using this valve.

20 GPM 1/2" NPT FLOAT VALVE PRINCE SS-2B1D

Hydraulic valve spools.

Attachments

• hydraulic-spool-valve-372098.jpg
    hydraulic-spool-valve-372098.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 719
   / Float action on rear remotes #6  
The spool is the part that moves in and out of the valve when you move the levers.

It directs the fluid where it needs to go.

Some valves block flow to work ports in neutral.

If you want the cyl to stay in place, the neutral position can lock the cyl.

Float allows the fluid to flow from the cyl in neutral, as all valve ports are open to tank..

Hydraulic valve spools.

/ Float action on rear remotes #7  
Keith, double check this with your dealer, but if your CT 235 has the factory rear remote valves from Daedong, I do not think they have a float function. I know that Daedong doesn't offer rear remotes with float on the Kioti tractors.

This has been hashed out several times here on TBN. The CKs with the 2nd rear remote can have the control valve with the float function. It is an option for that 2nd valve position.

/ Float action on rear remotes #8  
This has been hashed out several times here on TBN. The CKs with the 2nd rear remote can have the control valve with the float function. It is an option for that 2nd valve position.

For some unknown reason Bobcat never offered float option on their rear remote kits from Daedong.

/ Float action on rear remotes #9  
For some unknown reason Bobcat never offered float option on their rear remote kits from Daedong.

While this may be true, I was referring to this statement. And I know for a fact that the 2nd rear remote valve on a CK can have the float function.

Quote Originally Posted by Threepoint View Post

/ Float action on rear remotes
Ill check it out. For some reason I remember reading somewhere this was true - I think it was in the parts book for Bobcat. I vaguely remember when working on the correct part number for the first set.