CT450 wont go in high gear?

/ CT450 wont go in high gear? #1  

HK45

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti nx6010 loader backhoe
My Ct450 hydro wont go into high gear. It pops out and grinds. It feels like that rubber stop pad was out of the way it would go in. Anything to look for before I take it to the dealer? thanks

/ CT450 wont go in high gear? #2  
The linkage lever that connects on the shaft going into the gear box has a roll pin through it. Very possible this roll pin has bent changing the position of that lever in relation to the shift lever.

/ CT450 wont go in high gear?
Thanks SSdoxie. After what you said I checked and i think thats what it is. now how do you get them out and are they hard to get back in?

Last edited:
   / CT450 wont go in high gear? #4  
The few that I have done on other equipment, I used my flat end round steel punch set, finding on that just fits the hole. On some they will only go one way in and out and even trickier are the dual pin set up where there is one roll pin inside the other. For those you need to drive the inside pin out first.

Dennis is the expert on our tractor, so wait for him to give the correct answer.

PS get a few spares...well at least for me...I usually loose one when I hit my fingers on the re-install.