Bobcat fest

/ Bobcat fest #1  

powerscol

Veteran Member
Tractor
CT 235
I had my irrigation pond lined recently and it was a Bobcat fest. I do have pictures, but ran into problems down loading. I will update when problem is solved. BTW the TRACK SKID STEER was fantastic in what it could do on the steep slopes.

I hired a contractor to prep my existing pond for a 45 mill reinforced HDPE liner. While I did not get the model numbers, they showed up with a new Bobcat mini excavator, and a new Bobcat track skid steer.

It took about 8 hours but during the process I moved approximately 28 CY of excavated material with my Bobcat CT 235. My Bobcat ran flawlessly, but at times it struggled with getting full bucket of damp dirt. Even a full RPMS it struggled with the curl/lift out of the stock pile, but I was pushing to get the max full bucket.

Once the pond liner was installed I was able to back fill the trenches with my Bobcat, and a LOT of hand shoveling, and I mean a lot of shoveling.

Today with my Son's help I killed us both renting a jumping Jack to compact the trench. We have had a lot of Rain, so it was a pain. Next up is installing the irrigation system.

What I have come to realize is what would I do without my Bobcat CT 235. To me it is Priceless.

Thoughts?

/ Bobcat fest #2  
Sounds like a cool project with the exception of all the hand shoveling. Those track machines are pretty cool and incredible machines they are like little bulldozers but I wouldn't trade My tractor for one. I just really like the tractor platform versus the skid steer I guess it's whatever you get used to or like. when you say you wouldn't know what you would do without it I was just thinking that the other day as I was tilling food plots. I know what you mean about the bucket curl struggling sometimes. I think it's just the way they designed the loader. It seems there's almost as much lift power as curl. This is different from other tractors I've used with pin on buckets where I could curl more weight than I could lift. I think it has something to do with the way they designed the quick attach for the bucket. It keeps you from overloading the weight you can put on the loader.

/ Bobcat fest
Here are the pictures to show it happened. The were reshaping my existing pond to get the liner installed.

Attachments

• 0501151041.jpg
    0501151041.jpg
    409.6 KB · Views: 190
  • 0501150936.jpg
    0501150936.jpg
    400.6 KB · Views: 180
  • 0501151040.jpg
    0501151040.jpg
    432.5 KB · Views: 174
  • 0501151040a.jpg
    0501151040a.jpg
    405.4 KB · Views: 175
   / Bobcat fest #4  
Now that's having to much fun. :)

/ Bobcat fest
What hurts is all of the hard work later. getting the liner in and back filling and compacting the trench. The pictures are of the easy part.

Thanks