GatorBlades

/ GatorBlades #1  

Lockport

Platinum Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT235
Anyone try to locate Gatorblades for the Bobcat branded 3FM72 rear finish mower? I think with 3 of these it might actually cut a decent lawn.

Thanks

/ GatorBlades
I found a Gravely replacement blade that does fit the specs. It would seem, however, that the Bobcat RFM had been manufactured to run in a proprietary direction ie: the cutting edge is on the wrong side. Any way to reverse the direction?

/ GatorBlades #3  
Don't think you can reverse. What are the specs on your blades?

/ GatorBlades
They are 24.5" length, 3"wide (factory are 2.5"), .250" thick, 5/8" center hole and an offset of 3/4". Therein lies the problem.

/ GatorBlades #5  
Last edited:
   / GatorBlades
Exactly! The 3FM72 blades have their cutting edge on the other side. I bought three of these not even considering they would not fit. I did the same thing years ago before they made a Kubota blade. Had to hacksaw a few reducers, too. At last Kubota's mower turned the right direction!

Gravely 396761 G6 Gator Mulcher Blade

/ GatorBlades
If anyone else has this mower and are curious it's a Comer Industries gearbox, closest to the LF205-J, it is reversible, note that the center is offset 79mm on one side and 83mm on the other. When you flip the bevel input gear to the rear side facing forward, take the three spacers that were at the rear between the bearings and the oil cap and switch sides with the two at the front behind the spline shaft seal otherwise you will have absolutely no play and it will overheat as I found out. Make sure you've ever so slight play before reassembling. Avxseals.com.com is near 1500% cheaper than Bobcat as you will need new seals on either side.

Last edited: