CT 230 front Bucket will not tilt

/ CT 230 front Bucket will not tilt #1  

bob2299

Bronze Member
Tractor
Bobcat ct230, 35 hp Massey Furgeson 3Cyl Diesel
hello, today I was working with my tractor picking gravel, and the bucket stoped tilting, no I should say it picks up, but will not tilt down to empty bucket.

But if I switch the line at the quick connect, then the bucket empties, i do not know what the problem might be, at first I taught the cylinder was by passing, but if it was by passing it would not work if I switch te quick coupler

Any idea at what I could be looking for

Also since day one that I bought this tractor, the 2 stabilizing legs on the back hoe cannot lift the 2 back wheels, the dealer told me this was normal, its my first tractor, bu my cousin has a kumatsu and his 2 out riger legs can lift the back wheel right off the ground,

Any one else has a bob cat back how on their CT 230

Thnx.

/ CT 230 front Bucket will not tilt #2  
I have the 7tb bobcat backhoe made by rhino and my out rigers will lift tractor no problem. Not sure what would cause this Are you running at a high enough rpm? Or tested your pressure relief? For the loader I'm thinking maybe a loader valve problem.

/ CT 230 front Bucket will not tilt
I have the 7tb bobcat backhoe made by rhino and my out rigers will lift tractor no problem. Not sure what would cause this Are you running at a high enough rpm? Or tested your pressure relief? For the loader I'm thinking maybe a loader valve problem.

Thnx for the reply, yesterday after trying to see if I could find some answer on this site, I read allot of treads, I still have not mastered the search option on this forum, I type bob cat ct 230 bucket will not tilt, but got many answer that had nothing to do with Bob Cat....

Any way, this is my first brand new tractor, before that I had a Masey TE 20, than a Masey 35 3 cyl deisel

So,,, i always found that this tractor does not have the power my 35 has, but I was kinda Ok with it, after all it has a bucket, a back hoe, and my 35 does not, plus its brand new and maybe that the way they work...

But When working with mower or digging with the bucket I have to do it in low gear, my yard has allot of hills and the bob cat will not go up a hill while mowing if not in low gear.

The back hoe 7TB, has never lifted the back whell of the ground, and if I am digging it will not dig a 5 inch poplar tree out of the ground without digging around it either.... I taught this was normal. This being my first new tractor, now after reading all these tread yesterday..... When digging with the back hoe I ussually rev up the machine to 22 - 2500 rpm, at 2500 their is a red line on the guage, I was under the impression It was hard on the machine if you excceded this red line

Any ways I am off the subject, no I never tested the pressure release valve, and I too suspect a loader valve problem, I was hopping some one had a simillar problem, one thing I did wrong yesterday was while I was digging with the front bucket I forgot to pull the yellow Lever to disingage the rear Hydraulic for the back how, I was not using the back hoe, but hydraulic power was still " feeding the bach hoe, could this have damage something, ussually I when I do anything else I take that yellow lever and pull it back in middle position, I have nothing when pulled to high position

I hope its not the pump, I know that the travel pedel never goes into neutral without me pressing it back, but its been like this since 50 hours and the dealer had told me this was normal, The tractor is a 2010 and has 1050 hours on it, yes the fluids have been change

So now on to do more test, I got a guy comming with a pressure guage

Thnx.

/ CT 230 front Bucket will not tilt #4  
No hydraulic movement in one direction on loader. This is usually due to some form of restriction in one coupler (quick connect) on the loader valve. Coupler not locking together completely, poppet is cocked or hung up and only pushing in part way. Look very closely at the poppets inside the female couplers.

That red line on the tachometer is the 540 PTO speed indicatior - when engine is at that RPM therear PTO is spinning 540 RPM. This is the engine speed to use when mowing, especially in hills. Depending on steepnes of hills, width of mower, and grass conditions you may not be able to use Mid-range for this job.

Leaving the rear auxiliary (yellow lever) engaged in detent position when not using the backhoe will casue hydraulic oil to over heat and damage gear pump and or/eventual failure of hydrostatic system. Leaving this lever engaged also robs HP from the engine - if that lever is engaged with no flow going to rear auxiliary it will require up to 11.5 HP from engine just to push oil through the hydraulic circuit when engine is at PTO RPM.

/ CT 230 front Bucket will not tilt #5  
SS hit the nail on the head. One or more of your QA couplers has gone bad - Same thing happened to me. Dealer replaced them all under warranty. It was all the couplers under the floor board at the valve. Both valve and hose end were replaced.

/ CT 230 front Bucket will not tilt
SS hit the nail on the head. One or more of your QA couplers has gone bad - Same thing happened to me. Dealer replaced them all under warranty. It was all the couplers under the floor board at the valve. Both valve and hose end were replaced.

Thank you, that is exactly what it was... Quick Coupler was damaged, replced it and it works, as for the back how not lifting the back tires, we adjusted the valve on the tractor, and the one on the back hoe, yes their is one on the back hoe, under the plate that hides all the control. Now the 2 outriger legs will lift the tires right off the ground

Thnx.