bob cat with propane motor need advice

/ bob cat with propane motor need advice #1  

jack707

Veteran Member
Tractor
farm trac 555
I saw this on craighlist for 3 G'S it looks ok by the pic. So tell me is this engine going to be strong with propane?

Attachments

• 00j0j_9RyqFjbJPap_600x450.jpg
    00j0j_9RyqFjbJPap_600x450.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 212
   / bob cat with propane motor need advice #2  
You shouldn't have a power problem with propane in a Bobcat application. The engine generally runs at a steady RPM. So if you need more power just raise the RPMs. I never run my skidsteer at max RPMs. This all depends if this model is hydrostatic drive machine. Some of the very early ones were mechanical drives. Do you know the model?

SimS

/ bob cat with propane motor need advice #3  
Thats a case , not a bobcat

/ bob cat with propane motor need advice
No I don't Sim

/ bob cat with propane motor need advice #5  
Wow! That looks like a ticking bomb...

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ bob cat with propane motor need advice #6  
I don't know about skid steers but I had a fork lift that ran on propane and I couldn't get 8 hrs out of a bottle.

/ bob cat with propane motor need advice #7  
SM;
Yep I see that it's a Case. I guess I should have said "skidsteer application". I have a Case 1845C so I do know. Around here Bobcat means skidsteer. Kind of like Kleenex or BandAid. Thanks.

SimS

/ bob cat with propane motor need advice #8  
Wow! That looks like a ticking bomb...
Hmmm, vapor extraction only (that kind of tank doesn't have a port to pull out liquid propane), so limited power. Sitting on the back of the skidsteer where it can be knocked off or it can back into something, I am going to guess that this was someone's (iffy) home-brew idea.

Aaron Z

/ bob cat with propane motor need advice
Yeah bad set up with tank I will pass I buy one I want a DIESEL ENGINE more hp and tq.

/ bob cat with propane motor need advice #10  
If the deal is right, any propane engine could be converted to gasoline.
It is about as simple as finding a carburetor that can bolt onto the intake manifold.
Naturally you want to match closely the engine CC's to the carb.
I actually did this for some industrial tow tractors. (airport Clarke baggage tow units)
Naturally you need to add a gas reservoir and possibly a fuel pump.

From the pix you posted I bet it was a gas unit B4 it was propane as the tank is not vehicle tank.