Backhoe I have a Bobcat 235 just looking for backhoe suggestions

/ I have a Bobcat 235 just looking for backhoe suggestions #1  

Michael R

Tractor
Bobcat 235
Any one out there have any suggestions for a backhoe attachment for a 235

/ I have a Bobcat 235 just looking for backhoe suggestions #2  
I researched this quite a bit before I bought the bobcat 7tb. It is made by rhino. Seems to be of very good quality It digs well and I'm happy with it. I went with this one partially thinking of resale because it was branded for bobcat and the price was discounted. It looks very similar to the kioti backhoe for ck tractors. And is Also one with good reviews. If I had it to do again I probably would lean toward the woods model mostly because I like the subframe that stays on the tractor rather than one that stays with the hoe. but that is just personal preference. Mine is very easy to get on and off though. I considered some cheaper 3 point options wood max and some other China cheep one. I'm very glad I stuck with the sub frame because the backhoe adds a LOT of stress on machine ex -specially if out rigers sink a bit. And they often do. Also if you have or will have a cab. you can't use some backhoes with some cabs. But the bobcat steel cab and bobcat 7tb will work If you lower the seat.

/ I have a Bobcat 235 just looking for backhoe suggestions #3  
I, also, have the 7TB and if I was doing it again I would have gone with the Woods GroundbreakerX series. Mostly because I prefer the bolt on subframe reinforcement than the monstrosity that is attached to the 7TB. It's as long as a car and I have to keep it someplace. I had a Groundbreaker 6000 on a small Kubota years ago and once all the subframe reinforcement is bolted on, the backhoe simply sets upon pins and notches on its subframe extensions and takes up half the space when detached. It was also extremely easy and quick to mount and dismount. Admittedly, I am not intimately familiar with the details of mounting a GroundbreakerX on a CT235 by would certainly send an email to Woods to confirm compatibility.

/ I have a Bobcat 235 just looking for backhoe suggestions #4  
I have been thinking of getting a backhoe for some light duty projects but prices scare me, I might just look at the 3 point models, I have heard of the damage they can do but never actually seen any, $4k-5k for a new one with warranty

/ I have a Bobcat 235 just looking for backhoe suggestions #6  
I think there are still a few around most bobcat dealers can do a search. If not rino still makes them you just can't get them in white. If you find one i'll bet you can get a smoking deal on it through bobcat.

/ I have a Bobcat 235 just looking for backhoe suggestions #7  
I have a Rhino 75 on my CK25. It's a good hoe. Used the heck out of it. I would not put a 3PH version on my tractor. Hoes simply apply to much pressure in all directions for a 3PH. Spend a little more and get a frame mount. I'm pretty sure you can get a Woods that fits too. Plumb using rear remotes is the best way to go.

/ I have a Bobcat 235 just looking for backhoe suggestions #8  
image-4176595024.jpg

Here is a picture of mine. I did some checking on specifications in the woods model with the subframe and it has a little bit more power at the bucket. I'm not real familiar with the way woods hooks to the tractor but I would not want more force than what this backhoe can generate on my machine.

I noticed that rhino makes One that is one size up from the one in the picture. It is rated for the next frame size up tractor. I think it would be a CT 335 or comparable to what used to be a kioti DK 35. It has just a little bit more reach and about the same size cylinders but generates a lot more force at the bucket. (I think around 30% more). I have actually seen where it has ripped it's mounts off of a tractor.

/ I have a Bobcat 235 just looking for backhoe suggestions #9  
I'd look seriously at the Woods mostly because of the minimal floorspace they occupy when disconnected. I had one on a Kubota BX and it's subframe books to the tractor and it connects easily and very quickly to the subframe. The Bobcat brand, notably made by Rhino, had a huge subframe attached to it that makes out nearly as long as a car. Download the manual for the Woods and make sure as it is larger than the one I'd experience with, but I would have gone that way in hindsight.