Oil filter doesn't fit!! Weird

/ Oil filter doesn't fit!! Weird #1  

fatboycowen

Silver Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT235 TLB, Wheel Horse 518xi
So i bought a used CT235. Oil looks nasty, so i went and got oil and a filter. Drained the oil, pulled the filter, and the new one doesn't fit. The new one is the Napa 1324. The old one is a Bobcat filter, but i can't find a valid part number on it.

The threaded hole in the new one is bigger than the old one. I brought it to a parts store, and the wix they have is identical to the Napa. What do i do?

My next step is to try a Bobcat dealer to see if they can figure out what the old one is, but no one will be open until Monday. Any ideas?

/ Oil filter doesn't fit!! Weird #2  
So i bought a used CT235. Oil looks nasty, so i went and got oil and a filter. Drained the oil, pulled the filter, and the new one doesn't fit. The new one is the Napa 1324. The old one is a Bobcat filter, but i can't find a valid part number on it.

The threaded hole in the new one is bigger than the old one. I brought it to a parts store, and the wix they have is identical to the Napa. What do i do?

My next step is to try a Bobcat dealer to see if they can figure out what the old one is, but no one will be open until Monday. Any ideas?

Have any Kioti dealers near you?

/ Oil filter doesn't fit!! Weird
Kioti dealers are a bit far. The one that came off the tractor uses 18x1.5 threads, nearest i can tell. The NAPA and Wix ones are 20x1.5

/ Oil filter doesn't fit!! Weird #4  
You can always put the old one back on until you find the right sized new one.

Yes, i could. But then, how will i find the right one? I won't have one to compare to....

/ Oil filter doesn't fit!! Weird #6  
I have a wix 51324 on my ct235 right now. Perfect fit. Going to change pan and oil on it tomorrow. I have a new 51324 I will put on then. May take a picture or two of my oil pan change and comment more at that time.

WIX Filters - Products Catalog by Application

The WIX 51324 is identical to the Napa filter i have. The NAPA guy says Wix makes the Napa filters too. The parts store guy pulled the 51324 and we measured. Identical. 1324 = 51324

/ Oil filter doesn't fit!! Weird #9  
Trying ............

I know. Thank you for the help. This is frustrating. I want to run the thing, but can't.... );
Hopefully this photo shows up
IMG_20150821_174934043.jpg
That's the part the filter screws into. I'm wondering if someone swapped that out at some point. Any idea if these are locally available?