Ct 225 power vrs Ck 27 power

/ Ct 225 power vrs Ck 27 power #1  

tman1020

Veteran Member
Tractor
Bobcat ct225 and Bad Boy zero turn
Hello everyone, Has anyone ever wondered or know why there is a one hp difference between these two and how they accomplished it. Sometimes I wonder if there actually is a difference between the two. And if there was I'm not sure if it would even be noticeable. I believe the new CK 25 is also the same Engine and it's rated it something like 24.5 Would love to hear your thoughts

/ Ct 225 power vrs Ck 27 power #2  
CK 25 is most likely a TIER IV engine.

/ Ct 225 power vrs Ck 27 power
CK 25 is most likely a TIER IV engine.

Looks like it's just you and me Jabonee. thanks for the reply. Yes I think you are correct its my understanding that they took a ck27 engine that has 28 hp and tuned it to only put out 24.5 hp to meet tier IV.

This makes good sense but what I don't get is to different engines one that you can (adjust from 24.5 to 28 hp) or just one at 30 hp. What's the up side? Maybe the 30 hp is quieter or maybe 2 hp is substantial I don't know I guess it's a mute point now that it's not in production any longer.

/ Ct 225 power vrs Ck 27 power #4  
If memory serves me correctly they both have Dadong engines. Not sure if they changed any components or added any to get to TIER IV specs.