More horsepower? CT225

/ More horsepower? CT225 #1  

outsidezion

Tractor
Bobcat CT225, Case 444,
Love my CT225 with backhoe. It is the perfect, all-around homesteader size. It plows snow, hauls firewood, plows deer plots, lifts logs..... and is nimble on my 93 acres.

Yet, it would be bomber if I could squeeze another 5 hp out of it. Is this possible?

I came from a Kioti DK40 which I loved. That felt like a big tractor in comparison and I do not regret the downsize but sometimes miss the power.

/ More horsepower? CT225 #2  
Anything is possible. What year is your tractor?

/ More horsepower? CT225
Anything is possible. What year is your tractor?

I believe its a 2009. It's not that HP is inadequate. And the hydraulics are fantastic. But it does seem with the hydrostatic, it could have been designed better for another 3-5 hp.

/ More horsepower? CT225 #4  
I have the same tractor. I know what you mean. I have to drop to low range due to lack of power a little more than I would like. I think a 235 is probably perfect, but I have never used one.

/ More horsepower? CT225 #5  
Trade up in size.

CT235 appears to be more HP in the same chassis.

CT120 21 hp 2008 - 2013
CT122 22 hp 2008 - 2013
CT225 27 hp 2008 - 2013
CT230 30 hp 2008 - 2013
CT235 34 hp 2008 - 2013
CT335 38 hp 2008 - 2013
CT440 41 hp 2008 - 2013
CT445 45 hp 2008 - 2013
CT450 49 hp 2008 - 2013

/ More horsepower? CT225 #6  
Talking about more hp is always cool. I was under the impression that the early ct 225 only had 24.5 hp or something like that. I may be wrong on that but a vin check on the motor should verify. I did see the posted chart so I'm second guessing my self now. It would be good to confirm your current hp first But if it is the motor with 27 hp I don't see where upping hp will help much with drive power because the hydro relief is set at a set pressure and it is not adjustable with out modification. (Assuming we are talking hydro trans)the ct 225 and 230 share same setting. the ct 235 has a higher hydro setting. Where you would notice extra hp is at the pto.

As a side note the kioti version of the 2011-2013 model(and other years but not sure starting year) have the same motor with same displacement just one letter different on model but the kioti shows 28 hp. So my thought is it would be hard to notice that 1 hp but makes me wonder how did they achieve the extra hp ( if it really is different) and is there more to be had?

/ More horsepower? CT225
As a side note the kioti version of the 2011-2013 model(and other years but not sure starting year) have the same motor with same displacement just one letter different on model but the kioti shows 28 hp. So my thought is it would be hard to notice that 1 hp but makes me wonder how did they achieve the extra hp ( if it really is different) and is there more to be had?

Yeah, I was hoping there was something like a set-screw or an emissions tuning setting that could be tweaked. :)

/ More horsepower? CT225 #8  
Love my CT225 with backhoe. It is the perfect, all-around homesteader size. It plows snow, hauls firewood, plows deer plots, lifts logs..... and is nimble on my 93 acres.

Yet, it would be bomber if I could squeeze another 5 hp out of it. Is this possible?

I came from a Kioti DK40 which I loved. That felt like a big tractor in comparison and I do not regret the downsize but sometimes miss the power.

Just remember that everything on the tractor is designed for the horsepower it came with. What happens to the hydraulics, gears, loader, hoses when you push 118% of rated power through them. Will they hold up? Will they fail earlier? I don't know. Then again, in the pictures I've seen it looks to be about the same physical size as my Kubota and it's 33HP so maybe the CT225 engine is undersized.

/ More horsepower? CT225 #9  
I have seen guys turn up fuel pressure until just before you start to see black smoke on larger tractors with some impressive hp gains. I'm thinking that this is how Kioti achieves the different hp ratings of this motor in different tractors. But I'm just guessing and not a mechanic. It would be cool to hear about someone's experiences and results that tries it.

/ More horsepower? CT225 #10  
Just remember that everything on the tractor is designed for the horsepower it came with. What happens to the hydraulics, gears, loader, hoses when you push 118% of rated power through them. Will they hold up? Will they fail earlier? I don't know. Then again, in the pictures I've seen it looks to be about the same physical size as my Kubota and it's 33HP so maybe the CT225 engine is undersized.

I think all the components are the same as the 235 which has 34 hp. I would think you should be good as long as you did not go above that.