Loader Rear Auxiliary Lever Extension

/ Rear Auxiliary Lever Extension #1  

OH10

Tractor
Bobcat CT235
I'm working on the hydraulics in preparation of buying a grapple this coming spring. I decided not tp use a 3rd function or a diverter so I'll be using the lever control for the Rear Remotes. The lever is about 6 or 7 inches shorter that the loader control lever. I've been following a lot of advice from here (many thanks) and I cam up with a solution. I don't have a welder but I did find about a foot of 1/2" cold roll steel in my shop. The diameter of the Aux control lever is 5/16". So I cut about 2" off the cold roll and drilled down 3/4" from each end. Then I drilled holes through the sides and tapped it out for 10-24 set screws. I broke the tap off in the 3rd hole, I was able to get the inside piece out but the stub in the hole I just ground smooth. In the picture you can see where I ground it down and relocated the screw on the other side. I think this should work but it may come loose and then I would have to try JB Weld.

Lever Coupling.jpg

/ Rear Auxiliary Lever Extension #2  
Looks like it should work.

/ Rear Auxiliary Lever Extension #3  
You may want to install your new collar and tighten the screws to leave witness marks on the shafts. Then use the marks as a guide to grind or file some flats for the screws to lock into. Your set up should work well.Nice job.

/ Rear Auxiliary Lever Extension
Wow, you got a righteous knob on that one. The Bobcat kit just has a little yellow sleeve.

/ Rear Auxiliary Lever Extension
Here is the almost finished product. Just awaiting a coat of glossy black paint.

Aux Lever #1 lo-rez.jpgAux Lever #2 lo-rez.jpg

/ Rear Auxiliary Lever Extension #7  
Looks good!:thumbsup: