3 Point Single plow

/ 3 Point Single plow #1  

duckhunter27

Gold Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT 335
Hi All not sure where I have read about the 3 point single plow from like tractor supply but I was wondering if any one has used one to make trench for a water line? My questions would be how deep does it go and how wide? Thanks in advance for any help.

/ 3 Point Single plow #2  
Two styles of "plow."

plows.jpg

The one on the right could potentially go deeper since the bottom is farther below the hitch pins.

Bruce

/ 3 Point Single plow #3  
I own a middle buster,handy but won't go very deep;max a foot.

/ 3 Point Single plow #4  
I have a single bottom 16" moldboard plow. I've used it to open trench to instal plastic irrigation pipe. Under ideal conditions it goes about 8", maybe 9".

/ 3 Point Single plow #5  
Hi All not sure where I have read about the 3 point single plow from like tractor supply but I was wondering if any one has used one to make trench for a water line? My questions would be how deep does it go and how wide? Thanks in advance for any help.
Have you considered a back hoe? I don't think you will get the depth your looking for with a plow or puller.:confused3:

/ 3 Point Single plow #7  
My 3 point will go to about 6" above the ground. My middle buster is sort of home made but I can go deeper than 12", more like 18". I think I could do the same with the Tractor Supply one. Your lift rods have 3 different holes for up down adjustmenet.

I have used mine for water lines, of course here in East Texas a foot deep is way plenty.

/ 3 Point Single plow #8  
I have a small single bottom plow. Smaller than the category 1 that they sell at TSC. I use it to install direct burial wire on occasion. Small conduit and shallow water lines. It will go about 5 inches deep without much trouble and flips the sod over to one side of the trench nice and neat. Very easy to take a greater blade and come back and flip the sod right back over the buried line. If shallow is OK you can Bury a lot of line fast this way.

/ 3 Point Single plow #9  
I have used a combination of subsoiler/middle buster plow to bury TV cable and direct bury wire, using the subsoiler to loosen soil to deeper depth then come back the middle buster to plow and widen trench. This only works to depth equal to middle buster shovel height any over that the soil falls over top of the shovel and back into the trench.
For water lines I rent a trencher.

/ 3 Point Single plow
Thanks for all the replies I do think it may work for what I want to do sounds deep enough. I plan to run a water line to my shop to go to a stainless steel table with a sink I bought to use for cleaning fish in the summer time. I plan to use under ground sprinkler line with automatic drain valves and will hook it to a water hydrant about 300 feet from my shop. It wont be on during the winter months so freezing should not be a issue. I can buy a middle buster for $129.00 bucks seems cheap way to put in water line plus i'm sure i can find other uses for it. I won't be doing this for a month or two but will try and post some pic's when I do. Any other thoughts or advise would be appreciated. Thanks Vince