CT235 Differential bolts question

/ CT235 Differential bolts question #11  
I had the same issue with the front axle on my LS. I got some NORDLOCK split wedgelock washers from Fastenal plus some blue Locktite and no more loose bolts. I also replaced all the bolts with new grade 10 at the same time. I wasn't sure it the factory grade 10 bolts were stretching or if was just the regular split ring washers that weren't holding so I elected to replace everything at once and do it up right.

The NordLock washers weren't cheap at $2 each but they did keep the front axle flange from separating. It was always on the left axle but I did up both when I fixed it.

/ CT235 Differential bolts question
Thanks. I just talked to my dealer, and after I gave him the number of the "knowledge article" , he was able to find the bolt and washer part numbers. But he didn't stock them. I'm waiting until 0800 mt to call another dealer in Colorado. Thanks again JP

/ CT235 Differential bolts question #13  
Thanks. I just talked to my dealer, and after I gave him the number of the "knowledge article" , he was able to find the bolt and washer part numbers. But he didn't stock them. I'm waiting until 0800 mt to call another dealer in Colorado. Thanks again JP
Will the parts be furnished for FREE. If not then I would just look to Fastenal and get some new grade 10 bolts and the Nordlock washers.

No, the tractor is out of warranty. I'm 80 miles from my closest Fastenal store. And I live 4hrs away from either of 2 Bobcat dealers. I went ahead and ordered the Bobcat parts. The dealer in Sterling, Co was more than helpful. Evidently there are some of the bolts take 2 washers and some of them just take one. He is e mailing me the info and diagram from Bobcat as to which bolts get the double washers etc. The Sterling, Co dealer is also a Kioti dealer, which is a BIG plus. Thanks to all who helped. JP

/ CT235 Differential bolts question #15  
Is this a problem unique to the CT235 or could it also affect the same frame size CT225 and CT230?

Is early production the 2008 models or are 2009 and 2010 models also involved?

Any photos of the problem area available?

A family member owns low hour, (under 50), CT225 and CT230 machines and he is not sure what to look for or where to look.

Thanks.

/ CT235 Differential bolts question #16  
Is this a problem unique to the CT235 or could it also affect the same frame size CT225 and CT230?

Is early production the 2008 models or are 2009 and 2010 models also involved?

Any photos of the problem area available?

A family member owns low hour, (under 50), CT225 and CT230 machines and he is not sure what to look for or where to look.

Thanks.

Yes it effects all 3.

/ CT235 Differential bolts question #17  
No, the tractor is out of warranty. I'm 80 miles from my closest Fastenal store. And I live 4hrs away from either of 2 Bobcat dealers. I went ahead and ordered the Bobcat parts. The dealer in Sterling, Co was more than helpful. Evidently there are some of the bolts take 2 washers and some of them just take one. He is e mailing me the info and diagram from Bobcat as to which bolts get the double washers etc. The Sterling, Co dealer is also a Kioti dealer, which is a BIG plus. Thanks to all who helped. JP

Its very important the washers are located properly. New bolts can bottom out before drawing tight!

Bobat/Kioti dealer out of Sterling Colorado (AGtech Inc.) was able to order me the 22 washers and 6 bolts that I need. Had them drop ship them to me and had them the next day. The rush shipping cost me a $10.00 charge from Bobcat (no problem there), but the 1 day shipping from UPS was $57.00! Wish that I had known UPS was so high! So I ended up with $64.00 worth of parts and $67.00 shipping. I guess it had to be. The tractor was in the local shop waiting on the parts. The Bobcat service manager e mailed me the service bulletin with pictures, etc and I just forwarded it to my mechanic. (I might still have it in my inbox). My tractor is a 2009 CT235. Bobcat suggested splitting the tractor (which we didn't do), chase the treaded holes with a tap before torqueing them down. Bobcat part numbers are (15) 7100699 Washers, (7) 29E6 Washers, (5) 8CM1055 Bolt, (1) 8CM1040 Bolt. The original nuts on the pilot studs weren't replaced. If you aren't leaking hydraulic fluid from the belly of the tractor, you're probably ok (that was my first sign). Jabonee, check directly under the operator's seat where the transmission mates to the differential. Some of the bolts are under the seat, and you have to remove it to tighten them up. Good luck! Thanks to all who helped me figure this out. JP PS AGtech dealership was excellent to deal with!!

Sorry , the location of the bolts comment goes to Infinite Wisdom, NOT Jabonee. JP

/ CT235 Differential bolts question #20  
Does this problem usually present itself after several hundred hours or as soon as 25 hours for example?

Is this "stretching" problem due to not maintaining the tightness of these bolts from new?

Do comparable Kioti tractors of this vintage have the same problem?

Does Bobcat have a SERIAL Number cut-off after which the better bolts were being installed at the factory?

Thanks for the detailed replies.