Full service - How hard is it to do really?

/ Full service - How hard is it to do really? #11  
Thinking I remember a funnel end will fit right in the fill hole on the hydraulic and swallow up the fluid pretty fast. You are looking at the attached picture hole?

I bought Kioti filters from Mowpart. Hydraulic T2185-38031 $35.18, Hydrostat T2195-38031 $21.92. This was April 1st, 2015. I did pay shipping and tax making my total order $71.76. About the same price you paid.

Attachments

• bobcat 001.JPG
    bobcat 001.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 251
   / Full service - How hard is it to do really?
Thanks
I appreciate the Kioti part numbers too.

/ Full service - How hard is it to do really? #13  
No special tricks to this. Remember to drain both oil pan plugs, all 3 hydraulic drains (main plug plus 1 at each axle housing) and do NOT over tighten plugs when reinstalling. Filters aren't too bad to get off unless it is first time change...

Oh, I hear you on that, brother! All my first-change filters were "challenging." I'm guessing that whomever put those original filters on either used a wrench, or had an iron grip. One filter I actually had to tear apart before I could get it off the tractor.

Supposedly they were changed out before, so I hope. Ill finish up the end of the week as I need it to offload my new mower first.

/ Full service - How hard is it to do really? #15  
That is on my list of winter projects. My wife reminds me that we budgeted for it, so don't spend that money on something else..

/ Full service - How hard is it to do really? #16  
I have seen may mechanics simply jamb a large screwdriver right thru a filter to twist it off.

My filter is very badly located and my trick is to wrap a short length of old seat belt material and tightly clamp with vice grips and lever off the filter.

\Rubbing some oil on the filter gasket makes it much easier to remove next time and no, don't over tighten, just up nice and snug with your hands.

On the oil pan drain plugs, always use a new copper crush gasket!.

That is on my list of winter projects. My wife reminds me that we budgeted for it, so don't spend that money on something else..

Whats the fun in that :confused3:? I hope you have learned to budget at least twice what you need for the extras :thumbsup::D

Hopefully she is good at forgiving you :eek::confused2::D

/ Full service - How hard is it to do really? #18  
Just wondering how hard this is to do and if there are any tricks or tools needed. I change my own oil. Just wondering how hard the other filters are to get off. Also to fill the hydraulics, is there another fill location other than the little tube out back. I have a Bobcat CT 235. Thanks for any thoughts sources for filters, etc. I do get good prices from Bobcat on most of them.

One other question, and I know this will kick up a storm. Is there another brand of Hydraulic oil folks know is good (good or better than Bobcat). I have access to most brands) I am not talking about the TSC/Sam's/Walmart brands either, unless these are proven. Thanks

Tip: park your tractor on 4x4s to get some extra clearance while working under it.

Tip: use a chain wrench to remove factory oil filters.

Fluid wise, Kioti specs 10W20 hydro-trans oil. Napa sell it as

Two gallon pails.
Five gallon buckets.

Front axle Kioti wants you to use either hydro trans oil or up to 90W gear lube. I just put in one gallon of 90W and a quart of 80W85W90W into my front axle. This to say it isn't fussy.

/ Full service - How hard is it to do really? #19  
On the oil pan drain plugs, always use a new copper crush gasket!.

You can reuse copper crush gaskets. You just have to fully anneal them with a torch. A new one is better, though.

/ Full service - How hard is it to do really? #20  
Whats the fun in that :confused3:? I hope you have learned to budget at least twice what you need for the extras :thumbsup::D

Hopefully she is good at forgiving you :eek::confused2::D

She is the best! Yes, she forgives me when I mess up. I try and do my best on researching things and usually pad the needed amount a bit for the extras..