Bad day,Lost an engine

/ Bad day,Lost an engine #101  
If you have confidence that the will stand behind their work, then go for it. But if there is even the slightest concern, I'd look seriously at either a new longblock as others suggested, or at least a new crank. Dont really want that looming in the back of your head everytime you operate the tractor, wondering if the rebuild is gonna hold together for the long haul.
Also a new long block should have some type of warranty if it has an issue.
Will this rebuild after you dump a lot of $$ into it ? There are a lot of other moving parts in that engine that were starved for oil also that may show up later.

/ Bad day,Lost an engine
New crank is out of the question. Over $1500. That would put it really close to new engine territory..

/ Bad day,Lost an engine #103  
Have they looked at the cam and the bearings. Low oil- they are one of the first to go or wear badly. How about the lifters? If it were me. I would bite the bullet and go new/bigger, especially it you want to keep the unit. Just my 02. I am assuming you are replacing the other rod bearings and getting new rod cap bolts and head bolts, as they should be new when put back together. Used ones dont seem to torque correctly a second time from what I was told.

I base this on experience with an early 03 Ford 6.0 that lost oil pressure. It shut itself off instantly but they found wear everywhere they looked. It probably would have run fine, but the wear was there. They lemon lawed the truck for me due to this and the other issues and got me into and 04 which had the revised engine in it.

Hoping the best for you.

/ Bad day,Lost an engine #104  
If you have to spend that much, remember, there's nothing like new.

/ Bad day,Lost an engine
I am not sure I might be better off rebuilding this one and selling the tractor. I could keep the loader and buy a low hour 230 or 235 without loader for not much more than the cost of a new crate engine upgrade. It is an orphan tractor in a way with no loader. You can pick one up for a pretty good deal.

Last edited:
   / Bad day,Lost an engine
I will ask again. Anyone have a place to look for reman engine? I am not having much luck. I think I would be good with a drop in engine if I could get it for about 4 grand.

/ Bad day,Lost an engine #107  
I think I have posted it before, but for bobcat check Reman - Bobcat Company . Kioti should have the same. If you check with your Bobcat and Kioti dealers they will have some contacts. They are out there as they came up in a search I did when you started the thread, this way you can get the CT 235 one. The manufacturer for both brands has a US office - give them a call.

On edit
Used Tractor Engines – Over 400 used gas and diesel engines in stock | All States Ag Parts
Daedong USA, Inc | Kioti Tractors
Diesel Engines and Spare Parts - Engine Trader
Kioti Engines >> H&M Equipment Co, Inc.
https://www.pilotengines.com/engines/engines-by-brand/bobcat
Hope this helps

Last edited:
   / Bad day,Lost an engine
Thanks
I will look into it.

/ Bad day,Lost an engine
Tractor is split. Looks like damage was not more than anticipated. I look for rebuild to start next week.

/ Bad day,Lost an engine #110  
Seems to me you have researched all your options well and used sound judgements in your decisions. I am believing you are going to have next to a new engine when finished and good for your life time. :thumbsup: