Group 24 to Group 24F for Bobcat CT 235 to move + terminal to the front.

/ Group 24 to Group 24F for Bobcat CT 235 to move + terminal to the front. #1  

powerscol

Veteran Member
Tractor
CT 235
Its time to replace my 2009 made battery in my CT 235. In normally takes a Group 24 which has the positive terminal in the Rt rear (looking at it from the front) close to the oil cooler line. In looking at where the power cables come in I should be able to put in a 24F and turn it so the positive terminal is Rt front, giving more clearance from under the air cleaner and away from that oil line. Has anyone done this?

Also battery choices. I have heard Optima red tops are having issues - are there other sealed brands that will work

/ Group 24 to Group 24F for Bobcat CT 235 to move + terminal to the front. #2  
I've got the same issue with my CT230. Definitely need to find a battery that won't shake itself apart on the tractor, or vibrate battery acid out the top.

/ Group 24 to Group 24F for Bobcat CT 235 to move + terminal to the front.
It looks like the 24F will work, or possibly a 34R AGM from sears. Just need to get some measurements.

/ Group 24 to Group 24F for Bobcat CT 235 to move + terminal to the front. #4  
I have the Optima red top so far so good had it in there about a year now

/ Group 24 to Group 24F for Bobcat CT 235 to move + terminal to the front.
Update - got the 24F from Walmart and it is a perfect fit - no problems. Solves the closeness to the oil line.