Bobcat CT230 Problem

/ Bobcat CT230 Problem #1  

bmillerag

Tractor
bobcat ct230
I have a Bobcat CT230 with 850 hrs. I was working in my woods taking out some small trees with my loader and ratchet rake when the loader bolts on the Right side( If sitting in the seat) broke and the loader mount shifted. Went to move the tractor out of the woods and mover about 30 ft and she died. I checked all the fluids and they are ok. I went to turn the key to start and nothing. I get nothing at all no crank nothing. The only functions that I have are turn the key left and use glow plugs, I have horn. I dont have lights or anything else. I need to move the loader out of the woods. I plan on taking the loader off the quick attach and pulling the tractor out. This is a hydro-stat machine and my questions are what do I need to do to pull it out with out tearing anything up. What could cause the motor to stop and why wouldn't it restart?

/ Bobcat CT230 Problem #2  
Sure can't pinpoint but seems evident the loader shift must have disconnected some electrical but not all. It wouldn't indicate a safety switch because you don't have lights. Have you tried looking along the lines where the loader has moved.

Loss of electrical to fuel solenoid would cause engine to stop.

Towing instructions per manual says to put all shifters in neutral, depress the clutch and lock down. Do not tow faster than 10mph. Tow the tractor for short distances only.

/ Bobcat CT230 Problem
I traced the wiring and when the loader mount moved it looks like it pinched the wiring harness going up into the dash. Doesnt look like it is broke but cant tell yet. The tractor is a 2010 model.

/ Bobcat CT230 Problem #5  
That sounds like it would do it. Don't forget if you do find a damaged wire don't forget to check the fuse after you repair it.

And man how in the heck did you break the bolts that must've been surprising when it gave way. Do you think they loosened up on you and then finally broke or what?

/ Bobcat CT230 Problem
It looks to me that they my of loosened up and then broke. I was using a ratchet rake to push over some small trees and then I would hook it up pull the roots up. I checked the other side and they are loose and looking like they are ready to break. My wife keeps trying to tell me that my tractor is not a bulldozer

/ Bobcat CT230 Problem #7  
Checking of loader bolts and wheel bolts are a part of routing maintenance. Yeah I know a bit late now, but I post this in the hopes that others will read this and go out and check both the loader bolts and the wheel bolts. And I don't mean to just check them once either. You should check them at least once every 50 hours for the first 150 hours or so. We hear about these things here on the forum all the time, and it doesn't matter the brand. Hard use may have speeded up the loosening, but tractors are made to use, but they do require Maintenance, and bolt checking to proper torque is all a part of keeping it working for you. I am sorry to hear about your mishap.

/ Bobcat CT230 Problem #8  
Checking of loader bolts and wheel bolts are a part of routing maintenance. Yeah I know a bit late now, but I post this in the hopes that others will read this and go out and check both the loader bolts and the wheel bolts. And I don't mean to just check them once either. You should check them at least once every 50 hours for the first 150 hours or so. We hear about these things here on the forum all the time, and it doesn't matter the brand. Hard use may have speeded up the loosening, but tractors are made to use, but they do require Maintenance, and bolt checking to proper torque is all a part of keeping it working for you. I am sorry to hear about your mishap.

It may be part of maintenance, but a bolt can back out pretty quick so every 50 hours may not catch it either.

/ Bobcat CT230 Problem #9  
It may be part of maintenance, but a bolt can back out pretty quick so every 50 hours may not catch it either.

I think part of it is the paint wearing away, but I suppose bolt stretch is maybe part of it? In any case you need to check them often at first. Eventually they seem to quit moving. The last few times I have checked, there didn't seem to be any movement. I have close to 400 hours now.

/ Bobcat CT230 Problem #10  
I think part of it is the paint wearing away, but I suppose bolt stretch is maybe part of it? In any case you need to check them often at first. Eventually they seem to quit moving. The last few times I have checked, there didn't seem to be any movement. I have close to 400 hours now.
Yes,
Most likely to loosen at first, then once retightened stay put much better.
I had a couple loader bolts loosen when the tractor was new. I re torqued the the bolts and they have not moved again in 2000+ hours