Buying Advice Discovered a great deal on cabs for Bobcat and Kioti

/ Discovered a great deal on cabs for Bobcat and Kioti #1  

Nlight

Bronze Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT235
During some Internet surfing after Christmas I came across a link to a source for a cab for Kioti Tractors. I sent an e-mail for additional information and asked if they had one available for Bobcat compact tractors.
Even with the plant on holiday shutdown I received a call the next day from Tom Tengwall of Custom Products of Litchfield, Inc. He shared with me that they had in stock about 10 cabs, with a full line of accessories (kits) that I could purchase as well. The company typically does not sell to individuals but has made an exception for these. They fit Bobcat models CT 225, 230 and 235, and Kioti models CK 25, 27, 30, and 35. They are left over stock, and when they are gone they are gone.

My plan was to eventually get a tractor with a heated cab, only because mine does not have one and blowing snow off a 700 foot driveway in Wisconsin is not always fun and will likely get you one good snow washing per outing. I did not plan to buy one at this time, but know a great deal when I see one!

A few days ago I placed an order for a cab for my Bobcat CT235. I included most of the options available, first of which was the heater. A huge benefit of this cab for me is it is designed to fit into a standard 7 foot tall door. I currently keep the tractor in a garage and will be able to continue to do so. When the weather warms I will install the cab and options and be ready for next winter.
I discovered another individual residing only 20 minutes away from me who just finished installing one on his CT230. He was very pleased and felt the fit-up was very good and the entire package was well engineered and built.
Regards,
Allen
For more information:
Cozy Cab | EZ Cab Shell for Kioti
Gmail
Gmail

/ Discovered a great deal on cabs for Bobcat and Kioti #2  
I have one of these cabs and it is fantastic. All steel very strong. I think it as close to 400 pounds to the tractor when the doors are on. And it does fit underneath a 7 foot door but it is very close. The heater works fantastic and you can shut the heat off and use it as a fan in the summertime. I remove the doors early in the summer so I get good ventilation. They slide off very easily but are very heavy and solid I think they weigh close to 80 pounds apiece. One thing I will note it is a bit noisy inside the cab. I took some effort's to soundproof as much as possible and it made quite a difference. I added a inside rearview mirror and some lights. Don't bother with the exterior mirrors they rip off almost instantly. Anyone that is considering it I highly recommend it.

/ Discovered a great deal on cabs for Bobcat and Kioti #3  
If they fit Kioti, I would think they should fit the Kubota equivalent size as well.
I didn,t see any pricing. Any idea of what would fit the BX2370 and what the sale price is for the bare cab ?

/ Discovered a great deal on cabs for Bobcat and Kioti #4  
If they fit Kioti, I would think they should fit the Kubota equivalent size as well.
I didn,t see any pricing. Any idea of what would fit the BX2370 and what the sale price is for the bare cab ?

Not sure why you'd think this -- they are not the same tractors. Early on, Kioti was obviously trying to knock off Kubotas, but they were never the same tractors or close enough for things like cabs to interchange.

/ Discovered a great deal on cabs for Bobcat and Kioti
I have one of these cabs and it is fantastic. All steel very strong. I think it as close to 400 pounds to the tractor when the doors are on. And it does fit underneath a 7 foot door but it is very close. The heater works fantastic and you can shut the heat off and use it as a fan in the summertime. I remove the doors early in the summer so I get good ventilation. They slide off very easily but are very heavy and solid I think they weigh close to 80 pounds apiece. One thing I will note it is a bit noisy inside the cab. I took some effort's to soundproof as much as possible and it made quite a difference. I added a inside rearview mirror and some lights. Don't bother with the exterior mirrors they rip off almost instantly. Anyone that is considering it I highly recommend it.

Glad to hear you are pleased with your cab. Couple of questions, What did you do for soundproofing to reduce noise, and please explain the outside mirror ripping off.

Thanks!

/ Discovered a great deal on cabs for Bobcat and Kioti #6  
Glad to hear you are pleased with your cab. Couple of questions, What did you do for soundproofing to reduce noise, and please explain the outside mirror ripping off. Thanks!
Well first off the cab is basically a steel cab with normal size pieces of glass for windows. I really like this design and it makes the cab very durable and easy to replace a piece of glass if you break one. "Haven't done that yet but knock on wood" I think that is important for someone like me that is always getting too close to low hanging branches. Factory cab glass with its curvature is crazy expensive if you break a door or something. The mirrors that I had protrude out from the sides of the cab with metal brackets. The first time you get too close to something the mirrors the first thing to get hit. I don't think they lasted more than a month for me.
For soundproofing I did many things. Firstly I under coded inside the of the wheel wells and added some of that rubberized stick on flashing tape underneath the seat in any area I could get to under there. I also put a whole bunch of approximately three-quarter inch thick by three-quarter inch wide foam weatherstripping. I ran it up the metal on the inside around The windows anywhere I could. This really seem to help quite a bit for me. And it's black also so if I didn't show you it was there you never even notice it. I cut a piece of carpet for the floor I stuffed a bunch of foam pieces in any openings in the cab toward the engine compartment and up under the dash. And I added a bunch of 12" x 12" denim soundproof panels in places like behind the seat under the seat folded some and stuck them up in the top area of the cab close to my head that also seemed to help a bit. But honestly the thing that I think would help the very most that I have not done yet would be to lay indoor outdoor carpet over the fenders. I think that's where the majority of the sound is entering from.
I bought a decibel meter app for my phone and would try different things using that meter. But installing the carpet before you install the cab or undercoat would be the easiest and I think it would really help so do consider it. I remove the foam,floor carpet, and denim panels when I remove the doors in the summer.

/ Discovered a great deal on cabs for Bobcat and Kioti #7  
Wish I could find a good option for my L3700

/ Discovered a great deal on cabs for Bobcat and Kioti #8  
Not sure why you'd think this -- they are not the same tractors. Early on, Kioti was obviously trying to knock off Kubotas, but they were never the same tractors or close enough for things like cabs to interchange.

Like you mentioned, last time I looked at both, around 5-6 years ago, they both appeared to be very similar to each other.
Once the Kioti dealer mentioned he thought his equivalent to Kubota was worth more, I kinda laughed, scratched my head, and left.

/ Discovered a great deal on cabs for Bobcat and Kioti #9  
image-4196485108.jpg

image-3497641321.jpg

Snapped A couple of pictures of my cab for you. First one is of the weatherstripping I was talking about.
Second one is turn signal mount. I decided to leave mine in the stock location. I'm sure I would've ripped them off if I would've melted them higher up where they recommend.
And finally I use the brackets that came with the exterior mirrors to mount these LED lights

image-1969279901.jpg

/ Discovered a great deal on cabs for Bobcat and Kioti #10  
Did you get your cab yet?