3-Point Hitch Busted Casting

/ Busted Casting #1  

OH10

Tractor
Bobcat CT235
I had an accident with my 3 point hitch and busted a casting off the Brake Case where the lower right link attaches. I tried epoxy but it didn't hold. Any recommendations? Casting 1.jpgCasting 2.jpgCasting 3.jpg

/ Busted Casting #2  
I don't see that being fixed without a replacement casting.

/ Busted Casting #3  
Buy new. The last cast rod I bought was 43 dollars a pound. Then grinding ,preheating and good welding . Buy new.

/ Busted Casting #5  
with bushings...

/ Busted Casting #6  
The Kioti sight shows the housing costing a little over $300. Unless you can do it yourself the labor will be a larger cost. Axle and all has to be dropped. No matter, if you want it fixed to last I think that is your only choice. I'm not sure whether I am looking right or left? View Cart

/ Busted Casting #7  
I might try mounting the broken pieces back in place (maybe using your epoxy method) then drilling through the broken pieces into the casting. Remove the broken pieces and tap the casting with the largest bolt size you can without seriously compromising the casting; I'm thinking 5/16 or 3/8 and bolting the broken pieces in place, top and bottom

/ Busted Casting
Thanks to every one for the advice. There is a local guy who has a lot of experience repairing construction equipment on-site. I'll have him take a look at it and see what he recommends. Replacing the Brake Case casting is definitely the last resort. But if it has to be . . . . .

/ Busted Casting #9  
If you dont weld, I would find a competent welder and ask if he could weld it with 11018 DC low hydrogen electrode, little pre-heat first, check for seals/gaskets nearby that wont get melted by welding, that can be prevented by keeping the inner pass weld heat to a minimum, 125-300F, use a temp stick. These rods produce a very strong weld and welds fairly easy on a DC welding machine. I've repaired my big cheap Chinese made bench vise with these rods 15 years ago.

Lincoln Electrode ED3267 1118 Mr 1/8" 1 Lb. Can - Arc Welding Stick Electrodes - Amazon.com