ct235 no glow plugs and no start issue

/ ct235 no glow plugs and no start issue #11  
Hello OP? Any update on progress?

/ ct235 no glow plugs and no start issue
I'm just about convinced its the ocp. I have done everything that everyone has suggested multiple times. I can run a wire from the battery to the glow plugs and jump across the starter and it will fire up and run. I want to thank everyone for their suggestions and wiring diagram. I'm still open to suggestions

/ ct235 no glow plugs and no start issue #13  
I'm just about convinced its the ocp. I have done everything that everyone has suggested multiple times. I can run a wire from the battery to the glow plugs and jump across the starter and it will fire up and run. I want to thank everyone for their suggestions and wiring diagram. I'm still open to suggestions

Before replacing the control module do a couple more tests. You said when checking glow plug relay with key to ON lost voltage. Test relay in same place but turn and hold key to left (counter-clockwise) if you still loose voltage the problem is some else, not in control module since the connection from key switch goes directly to the relay not through the module, control module at key function is not powered up.
Also unplug the glow relay and see if engine will crank with relay unplugged. If it does issue likely in glow plug circuit.
Check voltage at the battery cable at the starter, check for voltage drop there with key in start position with all safety switches satisfied. If voltage drop occurs the loss is in battery or cable connections. Those battery thin metal cable clamps are notorious for corrosion and rusting to pieces. Just pulling up the plastic cover over the post and clamp looks good, take clamp off the battery and it falls apart in pieces.

/ ct235 no glow plugs and no start issue #14  

You've done what I suggested; checked the actual cables to/from the frame to the battery negative post and same for the positive cable?
You haven't said how you jumped the starter and IF the tractor started when you did?
Its your money, if you want to replace the 'ocp' by all mens do so. BUT, if it's NOT the 'ocp' then what do you plan to do? It's a $350 non-returnable electrical part.That's a LOT of money to spend if not absolutely sure it's the problem!? JMHO.

I am extremely happy to say that the tractor is fixed. Thanks to you people for your help and for keeping me persistant in finding the problem. It wound up being a plug connection under the right floor board that had corroded. It was the main power [red wire/red blue wire] connection. Again thanks for the help.

/ ct235 no glow plugs and no start issue #16  
Thanks for the update :thumbsup:

/ ct235 no glow plugs and no start issue #17  
I am extremely happy to say that the tractor is fixed. Thanks to you people for your help and for keeping me persistant in finding the problem. It wound up being a plug connection under the right floor board that had corroded. It was the main power [red wire/red blue wire] connection. Again thanks for the help.

Excellent! Way to keep on the case. Corrosion is a *****! It can drive you crazy, but YOU beat it!
Good work.
Can you post a pic of where the connection is/was? That could help others know where to look.

Thanks,

CM

I don't have a picture but I will tell you the connections are above the stirrup on the right side of the tractor in the area of the hst peddle safety switch. I noticed that after it was fixed my tach had intermitten issues before and they are gone and dash lights got brighter. It was the middle connection of the three

/ ct235 no glow plugs and no start issue #19  
Yeah, when multiple electrical issues rear their ugly heads, corrosion at a junction point is often the first thing to suspect.
Do you use your tractor at all in salty road/driveway conditions, or do you think it came about from something else, the corrosion you found, that is?

I put on twice as many hours in the winter as I do in the summer, and New York loves their salt. Undoubtly where the corrosion comes from