Adjusting valves

/ Adjusting valves
I would trust the valve cover #s over what's in the manual. Your 3a165 engine is
prob exactly like my 3a150, except for 1.6 liters instead of 1.5.

I tend to agree with you, not looking forward to doing this all over again. Think I will sue Bobcat! :D

Just stumbled onto this Kioti page. Now wanting to question again what is right. C:\Users\mabe1945\AppData\Local\Temp\Valve adjustment.pdf

Can't get the above to pick up but if you google "3A165 valve lash" it will the the first thing picked up. Pretty confident it is right out of a Koti manual. For what it's worth you will notice the picture shows A as the gearcase side. That is not correct. That is the flywheel side. Same mistake in the Bobcat manual. Only difference is the Bobcat manual does use both terms. (flywheel and gearcase)

I know you guys are getting tired of my ranting. Senility has pretty much hampered me but once again I have stumbled onto something that has been right in front of me all the while. I will attach the adjustment page and you will note right up in the right hand corner it shows the 3A165 at .0098 and .0118". Not what it shows over in the spec pages also attached. Bobcat, Kioti, Deadong should all be ashamed. :thumbdown:

Attachments

• bobcat 001.JPG
    bobcat 001.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 111
  • bobcat 002.JPG
    bobcat 002.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 99
Last edited:
   / Adjusting valves
Make a new post to reveal my conversations with Bobcat and Kioti. Bobcat first informed me they didn't really service these tractors anymore. However he did do some looking and recommended I go with the .010 and .012. Kioti mechanic said he always went with what was on the rocker arm cover as manuals has shown to be wrong. I liked his response and I am on my way out to redo. :(

Completed, didn't take long, I've about got it down by now. :)

Last edited:
   / Adjusting valves #23  
I'm kinda glad that I don't feel comfortable adjusting valves myself. Thanks Winston1 for being on the bleeding edge of tractor maintenance by the book. You saved me some hassle and perhaps worse.

/ Adjusting valves #24  
Bobcat, Kioti, Deadong should all be ashamed. :thumbdown:

I looked at your 1st photo, and Bobcat is using the same figure that my paper Kioti manual shows,
but only the "A" and not the "B" arrows. It does not say what the letters mean. My manual is
dated DEC/2004 and the figure is designated "704W250A" as is yours.

I do not know what the TD1300 engine is, tho I suspect it is for the CK25 and is only 1.3 liters.

When I bought a new CT230 in 2010, I tried to get a PDF of the Bobcat manual, hoping they had
improved it. They had none at that time. Seems it's not much better.

I should go look at my CK35 PDF manual.