CT230 with 50 hours won't start

/ CT230 with 50 hours won't start #1  

TJPBADGER1

Tractor
Bobcat CT230
Shut off tractor and pto properly to get down and move a limb and remove some wire that had fallen onto the brushhog. I got back on and it won't start. Motor turns over but won't start. The fuel solenoid appears to be functioning. Have been told that there are 2 fuel shutoffs but can 1 licated on the fuel filter bowl. Would like to know how many safety switches there are and where they are located.

/ CT230 with 50 hours won't start #2  
Welcome to TBN. :welcome:

Can't help with the Bobcat specifics but look under the tractor, especially under the operator's platform, and see if there is a wire connection pulled loose. Sometimes the safety switches prevent the engine from starting but will not stop it from running once started if they become disconnected. I rarely turn one off once started to prevent it from having an issue in the pasture. I kick it out of PTO, put it in neutral, and set the brake if I need to get off.

/ CT230 with 50 hours won't start #3  
There are 3 safety switches. 1. seat switch 2. Treadle pedal neutral 3. PTO lever OFF. Try moving PTO lever, I have had mine get in position that PTO was off light was off but switch did not make full contact.

/ CT230 with 50 hours won't start #4  
Shut off tractor and pto properly to get down and move a limb and remove some wire that had fallen onto the brushhog. I got back on and it won't start. Motor turns over but won't start. The fuel solenoid appears to be functioning. Have been told that there are 2 fuel shutoffs but can 1 licated on the fuel filter bowl. Would like to know how many safety switches there are and where they are located.
The Dadong engines are prone to having the injection rack stick. Remove the side cover and cycle the key and see if the rack moves!:thumbsup:

/ CT230 with 50 hours won't start #5  
The Dadong engines are prone to having the injection rack stick. Remove the side cover and cycle the key and see if the rack moves!:thumbsup:
Only certain model years. 2005-2008 models.

/ CT230 with 50 hours won't start #6  
I was thinking the safety switches would keep the engine from turning over. If turning over I would suspect something related to fuel shutoff. I would start by making sure the fuel shutoff solenoid is getting voltage and opening.

/ CT230 with 50 hours won't start #7  
I was thinking the safety switches would keep the engine from turning over. If turning over I would suspect something related to fuel shutoff. I would start by making sure the fuel shutoff solenoid is getting voltage and opening.

Correct. I was thinking about this after my reply so checked it today. Any of the 3 switches will prevent cranking.

/ CT230 with 50 hours won't start

I cannot move the rack with a screwdriver or finger. Can it be worked loose without taking the fuel pump apart or will that damage it.

/ CT230 with 50 hours won't start
The fuel shutout solenous is getting voltage. It appears to engage and then disengage as there are 2 clicks at the solenoid before the starter engages