Bobcat hydraulic oil leak

/ Bobcat hydraulic oil leak #1  

coolbrze

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5800
A friend has a Bobcat CT235 tractor w/ FEL & he's got a hydraulic leak coming from a "bolt" under the right side floorboard. He said that it was misting out when he'd lift w/ the FEL but now it's spraying out pretty good. Is this common & does anyone know the P/N for the bolt that I can give him? Also, what kind/type of hydraulic fluid does the tractor take?

/ Bobcat hydraulic oil leak #2  
It takes a quality transmission/hydraulic fluid. Bobcat recommends using their fluid but I know several on this forum including myself have had no problems using Tractor Supply's Traveler brand. I can only guess where your leak is. The loader valve has what is called a bolt joints that attaches the hydraulic lines to the loader valve. Notice reference numbers 8, 13, 17. These are gaskets for those joints. "If" is is leaking at one of them it might just need tightened.

Attachments

• ms2541.png
    ms2541.png
    108.1 KB · Views: 1,381
   / Bobcat hydraulic oil leak #3  
I can't help you on the leak. I took mine to the shop. I have used Phillips, Tractor Supply and Bobcat fluid. I see no difference. My leak occurred with Bobcat fluid inside. I am not blaming the fluid, just stating a fact.

/ Bobcat hydraulic oil leak
Thanks Winston1 - I think he said he tried tightening the bolt but it wouldn't tighten. So maybe it's as simple as purchasing 2 gaskets & a bolt and installing?

/ Bobcat hydraulic oil leak #5  
Thanks Winston1 - I think he said he tried tightening the bolt but it wouldn't tighten. So maybe it's as simple as purchasing 2 gaskets & a bolt and installing?

After paying closer attention those are all o-rings. #8, #15, #17, are all 6694137, #13 is 6694136. Could be a rough or cracked surface on the pipe but hopefully the o-rings would be the answer.

/ Bobcat hydraulic oil leak #6  
Have him remove the banjo bolt (that's what they are called) and check the fitting surface. Most any agg supply dealers or NAPA will have the o rings, or copper washers in stock. The bolt has a hollow core and cross hole in it to allow hydraulic fluid to pass through. Make sure he has the correct socket, they do break.

Thanks for the schematic & the help everyone! I took a look at it & it's leaking from #s 13 (o-rings) & # 14 (bolt). Where do I add hydraulic fluid & how do I know how much to add (is there a level indicator or something)? I'm borrowing the tractor in a few days but want to fix this 1st...

/ Bobcat hydraulic oil leak #8  
#8 is the dipstick. Fill opening is right up above it.

Attachments

• ct230-t170a.png ct235.png
    ct230-t170a.png ct235.png
    141.4 KB · Views: 453
   / Bobcat hydraulic oil leak #9  
Thanks for the schematic & the help everyone! I took a look at it & it's leaking from #s 13 (o-rings) & # 14 (bolt). Where do I add hydraulic fluid & how do I know how much to add (is there a level indicator or something)? I'm borrowing the tractor in a few days but want to fix this 1st...

Go to the back of the tractor and on the left top will be a large red rubber plug with a J hook in the rubber (fill and vent plug). Directly below (low down on the case) you will see a red dip stick to check level. Be sure to us the correct trans/hydraulic fluid.

Good luck and hope this helps.

Go to the back of the tractor and on the left top will be a large red rubber plug with a J hook in the rubber (fill and vent plug). Directly below (low down on the case) you will see a red dip stick to check level. Be sure to us the correct trans/hydraulic fluid.

Good luck and hope this helps.

Thanks guys, really appreciate the quick help!