Oil changing intervals question?

/ Oil changing intervals question? #1  

BobcatTR

Silver Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT225
Ok, my manual says, perform at first 50 hrs, then as scheduled.
Done!
Then at 100hrs
Done!
Then at 200 hrs.
Done!
Next says 400hrs?????
I just changed at 290, thinking every 100 hrs.
So, actually the book shows.......
8-10,50,100,200,400,800,1000.
I'm confused????
Thanks for your help!

/ Oil changing intervals question? #2  
I'd say you're doing fine.

Think in terms of the miles equivalent. The miles equivalent (e.g. like in a car or truck) would be if you multiply the hours by about an average of 50 mph. 200 hours would then be almost 10k miles. That's quite a lot.

I've skipped oil change this year. Did the 50 hour one and now only had about a 100 at the 1 year mark. Will wait until next year or when it shows about 150.

Ralph

/ Oil changing intervals question? #3  
If 100 hrs works out to somewhere near once a year, I'd do it. Good quality time with your "baby":D and there's no such thing as too soon for clean oil & filter, may not be necessary but it won't hurt it:thumbsup:

/ Oil changing intervals question?
If 100 hrs works out to somewhere near once a year, I'd do it. Good quality time with your "baby":D and there's no such thing as too soon for clean oil & filter, may not be necessary but it won't hurt it
Great advice! I'll go with that.
I change oil in mowers etc, once a year!
Cheaper than a NEW MOTOR!
Thanks for replies!

/ Oil changing intervals question? #5  
Think in terms of the miles equivalent. The miles equivalent (e.g. like in a car or truck) would be if you multiply the hours by about an average of 50 mph. 200 hours would then be almost 10k miles. That's quite a lot.

I put hour meters in my pickups (now built in to many vehicles) and in my use, much to my surprise my average mph was in the 20's. I estimate I was 50/50 highway & local driving.

I put hour meters in my pickups (now built in to many vehicles) and in my use, much to my surprise my average mph was in the 20's. I estimate I was 50/50 highway & local driving.
Thats really intetesting!
Never thought of looking at it that way!
That is a lot!
Thanks for sharing!

/ Oil changing intervals question? #7  
I say 100 hrs or seasonal after break in.

/ Oil changing intervals question? #9  
Lets keep in mind this is 2017 with unleaded gasoline and fuel injection or low sulfur diesel and common rail injection. It ain't 1970. There is not the unburned fuel containing fouling, abrasive or corrosive compounds entering the crankcase to contaminate the oil.

Lets keep in mind this is 2017 with unleaded gasoline and fuel injection or low sulfur diesel and common rail injection. It ain't 1970. There is not the unburned fuel containing fouling, abrasive or corrosive compounds entering the crankcase to contaminate the oil.
Very true! Now doing 5000, and even 10,000 mile oil changes!
Oil filter every time.
Times have changed, for the better, concerning environment, and performance!
Great point!