CT335---NEEDS A BLOCK HEATER

/ CT335---NEEDS A BLOCK HEATER #1  

RayJavu

Tractor
Bobcat CT335
I'm looking for a block heater for my CT335. I bought a magnetic heater and then discovered my oil pan was not magnetic... I really need something. My driveway is about 1/4 mile long and the snow is really piping up. I have to park at the road and walk in. All suggestions welcomed.
Thanks,

/ CT335---NEEDS A BLOCK HEATER #5  
Is the block heater the same for all sizes of Bobcat?
Mine is a CT 235

Also, I have never screwed with a freeze plug, but I am sure a lot of you read about the failed freeze plug incident a few years back that forced a fairly competent individual to do a complete rebuild of his bota

How difficult is getting a freeze plug out, and the block heater back in?

/ CT335---NEEDS A BLOCK HEATER #6  
Very simple, to remove a soft plug simply use a small punch or chisel and just hit it on top or bottom to basically try to swivel it in and they simply pull out. To install the new bushing for the block heater I would use Loctite 540 retaining compound to lock and seal it in. A lot of folks install soft plugs with permatex #2 aviation sealer but since you need it to stay put a bit harder in order to screw the block heater into it use the Loctite 540 retaining compound but be sure to use a fine emery cloth to clean the bore clean and use loctite primer to clean and before installing the new bushing and it helps the retaining compound to cure and set up really fast the soft plug bushing is a simple tap in as it has a collar so you can't mess it up and get it too far in ect.