DEAD BOBCAT CT335- Please help

/ DEAD BOBCAT CT335- Please help #1  

RayJavu

Tractor
Bobcat CT335
Hey guys, I went out this morning to fire up the tractor to plow the driveway. Temperature -14F, tractor started to fire up, then there was a kind of snap/pop sound then it lost all power. Engine stopped, no power to anything. No dash lights, no headlights, nothing. Checked the fuses, tried to jump it with my truck, nothing. Looking for some ideas.
Thanks
2011-12-17_13-57-46_154.jpg

/ DEAD BOBCAT CT335- Please help #2  
Did you check the battery cables pos and neg at the battery and starter and ground to the frame?

/ DEAD BOBCAT CT335- Please help #4  
There is an inline 50 amp fuse just beside the starter. Starter cable does go direct to battery positive but this fuse feeds all remaining electrical functions.

/ DEAD BOBCAT CT335- Please help #5  
Ill bet the positive battery terminal is corroded and broken under the clamp. It will look connected, but not be. Being that cold the glow plugs were pulling power after the start up and with the vibration the connection let go. I had the same issue with mine. Would run then not - it was the positive connection at the battery. It looked good until I pulled on it.

/ DEAD BOBCAT CT335- Please help #6  
Ill bet the positive battery terminal is corroded and broken under the clamp. It will look connected, but not be. Being that cold the glow plugs were pulling power after the start up and with the vibration the connection let go. I had the same issue with mine. Would run then not - it was the positive connection at the battery. It looked good until I pulled on it.

Certainly a good possibility. Or the battery itself has puked in the very cold weather. A couple of quick voltage reading with a VOM would tell the tale.

/ DEAD BOBCAT CT335- Please help #7  
I would look at the battery. It will need attention sooner or later.

/ DEAD BOBCAT CT335- Please help #8  
Ray Javu,
Are you back up and running yet?
What have you tried? If fixed, what was the problem?
I have basically the same tractor and am very interested in what solved your problem.
Thanks.

/ DEAD BOBCAT CT335- Please help #9  
The pop sound the OP described points to the 50AMP inline fuse near the starter.

/ DEAD BOBCAT CT335- Please help #10  
I had that same issue with the battery clamp. Was just cleaning things up and the thing basically fell apart. I was not too impressed with the design. It's a weak link in the chain.