CT 225 no start

/ CT 225 no start
Well, with the help of the brain trust here at TBN, I have diagnosed the problem (I think). I rechecked the battery cables and found that the negative cable had problems. I "wiggled" the cable at both ends and was able to start the tractor and move it to a better location.The battery clamp is starting to come apart when tightened and the attachment point at the frame needs cleaning. The screw? attaching it to the frame is rusted and will probably need replacing. Also, there are two small wires between the cable and the frame that come out of a wire loom and serve as grounding wires for something. Any guesses as to what they are for?

I haven't had the time to get a replacement cable but I will confirm the fix if it works.

Winston - If it had been a snake, I would be getting anti-venom right now. I was tracing a wire loom that runs through the same hole. Do you know what the two wires I referenced about are for?

Thanks again for the help.

Norm

/ CT 225 no start #13  
This is quite coincidental. I went out to crank my CT235 this morning and no go. After some trouble shooting I found the culprit was the ground wire. After cleaning the frame where the wire attaches I could wiggle that end and make the lights come on but it would loose contact again when I tried to start. Replaced the cable and am back on the road. All I can tell you is those two wires ground something but I really don't know what.