Brakes on Bolens G192/Iseki TS1910

/ Brakes on Bolens G192/Iseki TS1910 #1  

Rusty9

i didn't realize how bad i needed brakes until i hooked up a rotary cutter. Scary! Does anyone have any sources/prices for my tractor? baby needs new shoes.

thanks,

russ.

/ Brakes on Bolens G192/Iseki TS1910 #2  
I can supply with barkes & other parts for your tractor. also manuals.

/ Brakes on Bolens G192/Iseki TS1910
o.k. thanks. i have all the manuals although i have looked to see what all i need for a brake job. i am assuming new shoes/pads. can you give me price? i am up in Kelowna, BC, Canada.

thanks

/ Brakes on Bolens G192/Iseki TS1910 #4  
I emailed you a price.

/ Brakes on Bolens G192/Iseki TS1910 #5  
It might not be your brakes. Do you have an overrunning clutch? The spinning rotary cutter will "push" the tractor when you try and stop.

/ Brakes on Bolens G192/Iseki TS1910 #6  
I second the need for an overrunning clutch. I run a 4' rotary cutter behind my 1610 with an overrunning clutch I got from AgWest (www.agwestdistributing.com). The rotary cutter has enough inerta that you can't stop without the overrunning clutch.
Jim

/ Brakes on Bolens G192/Iseki TS1910
never thought about the clutch. Hey JWscott, I searched agwest - they show the overrunning "coupler". is that what you are talking about? seems like a very good idea. i'd guess my 1910 would be the same as yours? i'll check with agwest but do you remeber which one you got?

i'll check the brakes too - i think i may need them anyway. Lens12, i'll be in touch if the brakes are fried.

thanks all.

/ Brakes on Bolens G192/Iseki TS1910 #9  
My G194 (TS1910F) had terrible brakes and when I went in to correct the problem I found that the oil seals behind the brakes were shot and the drums were full of 90 weight oil. Cleaning the pads and changing the seals fixed my problem. I got the seals from a local bearing supply shop.

Good luck.

/ Brakes on Bolens G192/Iseki TS1910 #10  
Rusty9 said:
never thought about the clutch. Hey JWscott, I searched agwest - they show the overrunning "coupler". is that what you are talking about? seems like a very good idea. i'd guess my 1910 would be the same as yours? i'll check with agwest but do you remeber which one you got?

i'll check the brakes too - i think i may need them anyway. Lens12, i'll be in touch if the brakes are fried.

thanks all.

Rusty9
I got the 03-31-00660. I think its rated for 45 hp.
Jim