Advice on Bolens snowblower?

/ Advice on Bolens snowblower? #1  

megotatractor

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 2210
Hello, was hoping someone out there can shed some light on Bolens snowblowers. I found a 50" bolens blower , the bolens blower is converted to fit a John Deere 2210. I know nothing about Bolens so I question whether the rpm's would be okay and how durable the machine would be? the 54" blade has manual angle. A tempting price and I don't think Id use the blower much anyways. Anyone happen to know the make and especially the rated RPM's of this blower? And importantly also how far it throws the white stuff? I think Bolens tractors, some, were made by Iseki??? And I believe this may be the same blower Kubota uses?

Attachments

• MVC-081F.JPG
    MVC-081F.JPG
    122.8 KB · Views: 1,627
   / Advice on Bolens snowblower? #2  
It's a two stage blower and would be designed to be driven about 500 +- RPM. If it fits the tractor, I am sure you would be happy with it. I run a 5 foot blower with a front blade, which really makes snow removal easy. I push all the snow to one side, then shift into low and blow it all off with engine speed at 2200 rpm. I also wax the inside of the chute and secondary blower with paste wax. The rest of the assembly I spray with Pledge to keep the snow from accumulating.