Looking at PTO chipper and box blade for Bolens Iseki G154

/ Looking at PTO chipper and box blade for Bolens Iseki G154 #1  

mpilihp

Silver Member
Tractor
Pasquali 988
Hello I have a Bolens Iseki G154 tractor with a FEL and I want to get a PTO chipper with a feeder. THe small 8-12hp tow behind chippers dont have a feeder and are useless unless your chipping broomhandles.

I found this one at CircleTractors.com

PTO Wood Chippers » Buy Wood Chippers: PTO Wood Chipper Shredders & Automatic Feed Wood Chippers Online

Its expensive but has a feeder and is alot cheaper than other PTO chippers ive found. Says it runs on a 15hp tractor. We have no intentions of chipping 6" wood, wont chip anything bigger than 2" as we will burn anything that size.

Problem is they say it weights 800 pounds. Is that too much weight for my G154 tractor? It does have a Cat1 3pth

I also want to get a 4Ft box blade, Ive read alot of threads here on box blades and Im going to stick with a 4ft, my wheel track is 46" wide. Im looking at the one from NorthernTools for $430

Northern Industrial 3-Pt. Box Scraper — 4Ft.L | Blades + Scrapers | Northern Tool + Equipment

says it weights 389 for shipping so its close to 100 lb per foot which is what Ive heard is the prefered weight for ground implements. Anyone have one of these? Are you happy with it??

Thanks

~ Phil

/ Looking at PTO chipper and box blade for Bolens Iseki G154 #2  
i think you should search around amazon for reviews? got most of my stuff from there
clear.gif

/ Looking at PTO chipper and box blade for Bolens Iseki G154 #3  
I have a clone of that chipper. My FEL wouldn't lift it, but I knew that, it's about 200 lbs over my rated capacity. I managed to lift it using the curl function, just enough to get the legs under it.
The 3PH lifts it easily, which is good, because I had to cut about 4" off the legs to get it to sit low enough for the PTO shaft to be straight. Little back wheels, you know.

/ Looking at PTO chipper and box blade for Bolens Iseki G154
Hello JMynes thanks for the info, what size HP is your tractor? Does your chipper weigh 800 lbs? May I ask where you got yours and for how much?

Im in Jefferson ME and from auburn.

~ Phil