Bolens 2704 New Owner w/ Questions

/ Bolens 2704 New Owner w/ Questions #1  

coolnick73

Bronze Member
Greetings

I just bought a 'new' Bolens G274 tractor last weekend and I have a few questions.

It it true that a Bolens G274/2704 is the same as a White Field Boss 31 and a Iseki TE42705?

I would like to change all the fluids before I use it too much and want to know where to buy filters. Can I get these at Napa or will I have to go to a specialty place?

I have the owners manual and it say when you change the injector pump oil you are to fill it through the breather cap on top. Do you have to use a wrench to get that off or is it supposed to just screw off? I didn't want to break anything.

I am not sure if my glow plugs are working. I have twisted the key to the glow position and the glow light never comes on. I put a multimeter on the bar that runs to the three glow plugs and they are getting around 10.5 volts or so. Also, I have an invoice that came with the papers that have three new glow plugs and an glow plug indicator from 3/4/2004. Is there any good way to see if they are working?

Any help for a new person would be great.

Nick

/ Bolens 2704 New Owner w/ Questions #2  
Greetings

I just bought a 'new' Bolens G274 tractor last weekend and I have a few questions.

It it true that a Bolens G274/2704 is the same as a White Field Boss 31 and a Iseki TE42705?

I would like to change all the fluids before I use it too much and want to know where to buy filters. Can I get these at Napa or will I have to go to a specialty place?

I have the owners manual and it say when you change the injector pump oil you are to fill it through the breather cap on top. Do you have to use a wrench to get that off or is it supposed to just screw off? I didn't want to break anything.

I am not sure if my glow plugs are working. I have twisted the key to the glow position and the glow light never comes on. I put a multimeter on the bar that runs to the three glow plugs and they are getting around 10.5 volts or so. Also, I have an invoice that came with the papers that have three new glow plugs and an glow plug indicator from 3/4/2004. Is there any good way to see if they are working?

Any help for a new person would be great.

Nick

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new (to you) tractor. I can't answer all of your questions for sure but will try to shed some light.

If it has an Isuzu 3AE1 model engine then it is "probably" a White Field Boss 31 which was listed with a 30HP engine, the Bolens G274/Iseki TE4270F models were listed as a 27Hp...could just be injector changes to get the increase.

I use NAPA and CarQwest filters on my Iseki TS1610F, but don't know the part numbers for your particular model. You just need to be sure the threads are correct on the oil filter, there are close fits and proper fits, probably metric vs IPS straight threads. Also, some filters have a check valve that prevent the oil from draining back to the sump. Stuff to be aware of.

On my injector pump, the breather cap on top has a mushroom shaped vent cap and an integral hex connection below it. I just put a wrench on the hex part to get it loose and then screw it off with my fingers the rest of the way. Yours may or may not be different.

As far as the glow plugs, I think you can just unscrew them from the block, turn the switch on and see if they are glowing.

Good luck and maybe someone else with more knowledge of your model can fill in the blanks.

Bill