Bolens 1050 project! Help Needed!!

/ Bolens 1050 project! Help Needed!! #1  

fonz3482

Tractor
cub cadet gt3200
Hello folks,
I recently inherited my grandfathers bolens 1050, with i believe a 48" deck, Snowblower, front plow blade, snow cab, and rototiller. Its a nice clean solid machine cosmetically, but needs some mechanical help. Promblem #1 is the motor needs a rebuild. it runs ok but burns oil like no tomorow. Keeps the bugs away, but oil isnt cheap and the nieghbors look at me funny. Promblem #2 is the mower deck came apart. It needs spindle bearings, a belt, and possibly a gearbox. Promblem #3 is the rearend is leaking oil from up high somewhere and probably needs to be resealed. I am an auto tech and have tinkered with anything that has a motor pretty much so repairing it isnt a promblem. The promblem im having is finding wisconsin engine rebuild parts, and bolens parts in general at reasonable prices. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The tractor will be restored and kept as a restored machine in memory of my grandfather. Thanx everyone :D

/ Bolens 1050 project! Help Needed!! #2  
Hello folks,
I recently inherited my grandfathers bolens 1050, with i believe a 48" deck, Snowblower, front plow blade, snow cab, and rototiller. Its a nice clean solid machine cosmetically, but needs some mechanical help. Promblem #1 is the motor needs a rebuild. it runs ok but burns oil like no tomorow. Keeps the bugs away, but oil isnt cheap and the nieghbors look at me funny. Promblem #2 is the mower deck came apart. It needs spindle bearings, a belt, and possibly a gearbox. Promblem #3 is the rearend is leaking oil from up high somewhere and probably needs to be resealed. I am an auto tech and have tinkered with anything that has a motor pretty much so repairing it isnt a promblem. The promblem im having is finding wisconsin engine rebuild parts, and bolens parts in general at reasonable prices. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The tractor will be restored and kept as a restored machine in memory of my grandfather. Thanx everyone :D
What year is the Bolens.
I have 1966 and 1967 Bolens 850s.

/ Bolens 1050 project! Help Needed!! #3  
Sonny's Bolens. Do a goggle search. He seems to have about everything. Dave

/ Bolens 1050 project! Help Needed!! #4  
In Illinois, I have had good luck with Allinic Contruction Parts for all my Wisconsin Parts. He can ship you parts if you order them. His number is 800-352-1723, his name is Kevin, and he should be able to get you all the parts you need. I own a 1967 Bolens 1050 with a TRA-10D. I had my engine bored my crankshaft machined down, and the valves seates re-done still working on putting it back togehter though. Good Luck-:D