bolens G154 iseki tx1300f hydraulic pump

/ bolens G154 iseki tx1300f hydraulic pump #1  

nordin454

i have bolens g 154 (iseki tx1300f) and i am in need of a hydraulic pump that mounts on the engine. mine froze and cracked so if this is somthing you have or know where to get one please let me know i have contacted a few places for new prices ranging from $300-$700. maybe some one has a used one or a good source thanks for your time i do have the pump off the tractor if pictures are needed

thanks norton

/ bolens G154 iseki tx1300f hydraulic pump #2  
The pump probably didn't freeze and crack, it was most likely dead headed. The main issue is will it do the same to a new pump. Hydraulic oil won't freeze, so it had to be something else. Any blockage in the hydraulic system will cause the pump to break, leak, self destruct.
Max

/ bolens G154 iseki tx1300f hydraulic pump #3  
The pump probably didn't freeze and crack, it was most likely dead headed. The main issue is will it do the same to a new pump. Hydraulic oil won't freeze, so it had to be something else. Any blockage in the hydraulic system will cause the pump to break, leak, self destruct.
Max

I guess the real question is...why didn't the safety relief valve open? The pump should be able to relieve internally via the safety relief valve.

/ bolens G154 iseki tx1300f hydraulic pump #4  
I should have a used pump.

/ bolens G154 iseki tx1300f hydraulic pump
I am not totally sure the pump cracked because of freezing but when the oil was drained it was very milky so i assumed that is what happened is there somthing i should be checking before i put on a new pump?

how much for a used pump from you leonard?

Re: bolens G154 iseki tx1300f hydraulic pump

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I should have a used pump.

/ bolens G154 iseki tx1300f hydraulic pump #6  
Do you have a loader on it? I don't do pricing om message boards. Email for pricing. I will be out of town for a couple days, so may not respond right away.

Max i believe you could be on to something i did recently remove the fender mounted hydraulic controls that ran to auillary outputs on the front one side was disconnected and the valve body would leak everytime i used the tractor. i believe it was just circulating through the valve so i pluged the feed and return with an 1/4 inch pipe plug could i have maybe caused the plroblem myself by pluging those or just coincidence? how would it be set up from factory without auxillary hydraulics? pluging the holes dosn't seem very different than it just going through the valve body and returning. if this was the case i would think something would break before the pump would crack but u never know dealing with hydraulics
thanks for your time Max

norton

Last edited:
   / bolens G154 iseki tx1300f hydraulic pump #8  
Norton
If you plugged the outlet of the pump, it would cause dead heading, another words, extreme high pressure = severe pump damage. Normally the oil circulates in the system when your not using any device, They call that a open center system. I don't know of any one who can repair a pump after it has been cracked. I have one for my backhoe that they didn't reconnect the lines together, and cracked the pump. It's a expensive mistake, your not the first one to do it. Most pumps and tractors don't have any over pressure protection on the pump, it's usually on the loader valve or somewhere else. You would normally connect the outlet to the inlet, if you didn't have any devices that needed the pressure. Good luck finding a reasonable price on a new or used one. I have a pump on my 19hp Bolens tractor, it's not running, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it. It may be worth more as parts than running.
Max

Max i believe you could be on to something i did recently remove the fender mounted hydraulic controls that ran to auillary outputs on the front one side was disconnected and the valve body would leak everytime i used the tractor. i believe it was just circulating through the valve so i pluged the feed and return with an 1/4 inch pipe plug could i have maybe caused the plroblem myself by pluging those or just coincidence? how would it be set up from factory without auxillary hydraulics? pluging the holes dosn't seem very different than it just going through the valve body and returning. if this was the case i would think something would break before the pump would crack but u never know dealing with hydraulics
thanks for your time Max

norton

Max Thanks for replying again oooops! so what should I do put the feed and return hose back on and couple the two ends and let it circulate through? the lines are only about 16 inches long is that enough? Or do i need to put the valve body back on? thanks alot for your help so far. as for the pump on ur 19hp let me know if end up parting it out I have the pump off and cand send pics if needed

norton

/ bolens G154 iseki tx1300f hydraulic pump #10  
"Most pumps and tractors don't have any over pressure protection on the pump, it's usually on the loader valve or somewhere else."

My little Iseki TS1610F does, and it's nothing special as far as tractors go. IMHO, no engineer worth his salt would put a hydraulic pump w/o a safety relief valve on a tractor. Too many possibilities to dead head a pump without some kind of built-in safety pressure relief protection. So I wouldn't say "most tractors" unless you have a list to back it up.