Bolens G174 / Iseki

/ Bolens G174 / Iseki #1  

Glenn12345

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can answer a couple of questions for me. I am interested in purchasing a 1979 Bolens G174 (2 cyl). Can I get parts for both engine and trans? I am concerned if it needs repair I will not be able to get the parts.

Also what should I be paying for a G174 with a minor hyd leak, with excellent condition mower deck, ok condition Front end loader and excellent condition snowblower?

Thanks

Glenn

/ Bolens G174 / Iseki #2  
I paid $4000 Canadian last spring for a 1981 twin cylinder, very good shape for the year of it with a 48" rear mount Woods finishing mower, I used a 48" rear snowblower this past winter and it worked great. I haven't had to find any parts yet, but I think they can be found on the internet if you need them. Hope that helps

/ Bolens G174 / Iseki #3  
Glenn,
Welcome to the forum!
I have an Iseki TX1500F (same as the G174)
Lens12 is probably your best resource, I am getting some salvage and new parts for my tractor from him.
His website is www.japanesetractorparts.com

Let me know if you decide not to purchase the 174, I might be interested in a parts tractor

/ Bolens G174 / Iseki
I paid $4000 Canadian last spring for a 1981 twin cylinder, very good shape for the year of it with a 48" rear mount Woods finishing mower, I used a 48" rear snowblower this past winter and it worked great. I haven't had to find any parts yet, but I think they can be found on the internet if you need them. Hope that helps

Thanks for the information.

I appreciate it.
Glenn

/ Bolens G174 / Iseki
Glenn,
Welcome to the forum!
I have an Iseki TX1500F (same as the G174)
Lens12 is probably your best resource, I am getting some salvage and new parts for my tractor from him.
His website is www.japanesetractorparts.com

Let me know if you decide not to purchase the 174, I might be interested in a parts tractor

Thank you for the welcome and the information. That website seems to have quite an inventory. I will let you know about the purchase.

Have a nice weekend.
Glenn

/ Bolens G174 / Iseki #6  
Hi I have a nice 1978 bolens iseki g174 4X4 with brantley loader and rare backhoe I will entertain some offers if interested call or e-mail (765) 808-6321 Alex

/ Bolens G174 / Iseki #7  
I seem to have inherited Ol'Oilburner's Bolens G174. It has found a lot of work mowing around my trees in its first week at the farm. Good, solid machine, if a bit prone to rearing on steep slopes with the mower lifted. Some weights Ol'Oilburner sold me today should take care of that.

I'm looking for a drawbar for the Bolens, not a 3pt hitch add-on, but a true, frame-mounted drawbar. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rod