Rear discharge mowing deck

/ Rear discharge mowing deck #1  

rabidracin

Bronze Member
Tractor
2011 Mahindra 3016HST, 1991 Bolens GT2000
Just wondering if anyone else uses a rear discharge deck. I have a bolens duratrac gt2000. I bought it last winter more for the snowblower but it also came with a 48" rear discharge deck. I love it. You can mow either direction and not blow grass against my pool or wifes flower beds. I had a cub cadet slt1554 and the old bolens mows better than cub cadet did. But I looked online and companies don't seem to offer rear discharge decks anymore. :( Don't really understand it.

/ Rear discharge mowing deck #2  
I had a 42" rear discharge on the ST160, I liked it and it kept me outta lots a trouble but it had seen better days. Kubota and JD still offer rear dischage decks but be sitting down when you look at the prices.

/ Rear discharge mowing deck
I have a gm30-60 rd first choice finish mower. I am just surprised that lawn and garden tractors don't seem to offer them. I think they are great for getting close to flower beds and such because they don't throw clippings in them. Its alot easier to get close to things with my 48" mmrd mower on my garden tractor than my 60" 3 pt hitch rd finish mower.