Owner of a Bolens G274 Tractor

/ Owner of a Bolens G274 Tractor #1  

dollmaker

Tractor
Bolens G274
My name is Judy and I own a G274 4 wheel drive Bolens Tractor with a Iseki engine. Is there anyone out there that also has one of these rare tractors? I am seeking contacts for parts and also a shop service manual. We are presently having a problem with the fuel not reaching the engine and have alr eady checked the fuel filter which is fine. We know of one shut off but am wondering if there are more. Any help in either of these concerns would be great.

/ Owner of a Bolens G274 Tractor #3  
My name is Judy and I own a G274 4 wheel drive Bolens Tractor with a Iseki engine. Is there anyone out there that also has one of these rare tractors? I am seeking contacts for parts and also a shop service manual. We are presently having a problem with the fuel not reaching the engine and have alr eady checked the fuel filter which is fine. We know of one shut off but am wondering if there are more. Any help in either of these concerns would be great.

Judy,
I just got a manual from SSB tractor on amazon. They also have a site. Good people. The only Place that I have found to supply g274 parts, new and used, is sheiffer Sheaffer's Town & Country Tractor 815-284-3226. Fair price and trustworthy. About the fuel, diesels air lock if run dry or??

1) there is a bleed screw on the injector pump that should be opened slightly.
2) there should be a manual prime lever on the round fuel pump that is just before the injector pump. Pump that with the bleed open until you are convinced that all air is out. Collect fuel in a rag.

You have to have someone crank the tractor over if your tractor does not have the manual prime lever.

3) tighten bleed screw as you are pushing the lever the last time or as the engine is turned over.

Hope that helps. Not sure of the actual cause but diesels should never be run out of fuel.
Chris

/ Owner of a Bolens G274 Tractor #4  
I put a electronic fuel pump on my g274 it works fine

/ Owner of a Bolens G274 Tractor #6  
I have a Bolens G154 and had a similar situation after it had ran out of diesel and then sat for a number of years. Yours has an Isuzu engine, mine a Mitsubishi, but the process would be the same if you have air in your injector pump and injector lines. Had it been run out of diesel?

EDIT. I just noticed that this is a 10-year-old thread that was bumped.

Last edited: