bolens 1402 charging system

/ bolens 1402 charging system #1  

dday1949

Tractor
Bolen 1402
regulator1.jpgregultar2.jpg

Not sure what this does .Is it part of the charging system

/ bolens 1402 charging system
Thanks I thought it might be what it was but wanted to make sure before I try to replace it to see if I can get a charge to the system

/ bolens 1402 charging system #4  
I've replaced two on two different machines, Here's where I bought mine Voltage Regulator for Briggs 394890 691185 797375 | eBay .
Check the stator output to make sure it's working before you put money into a RR. Un plug the two wire plug and check for AC voltage around 2Krpm or so, I think it's supposed to be around 25V or so. Someone will be along and tell you the correct voltage I'm sure.....mike

going to buy a multimeter and check it out. Will let you no what I find. If I get no amps at plug does that mean the stator is bad or dirty

/ bolens 1402 charging system #6  
You wont be reading amps, to read amps there has to be a load and the ammeter has to be in series with the load, you'll be reading AC volts. If you get no ACV between the two wires (RR unplugged) coming from under the flywheel (stator) it means the stator went south, the magnets either went with them or by themselves or the wire itself is bad. 10 chances to one it's the RR tho, so it'd be an easy fix....Mike

I think I did it right .I placed the leads from the meter to the terminals from the stator i got a reading of 19 volts.