Need onan engine for my Bolens QT 16

/ Need onan engine for my Bolens QT 16 #1  

docrocky

Silver Member
Tractor
Oliver 880, Ford 8N, Ford 9N, Farmall Super C, MF 205, Ford 4400 FEL, Ford 4500 FEL/BH, Cat D-6 Dozer(1957)
From previous posts I have the QT 16 a good friend gave me (he still is) and shortly afterwards the drive shaft from engine to tranny sheared at universal joint. Took awile but got the u-joint replaced and things started up. then I needed a lift bar to attach my rototiller. finally got that and got the tiller attached and operational. As I only used the tiller to cultivate new grass between crop rows of vegetables (very shallow 1 to 2 inch depths at most)the tractor could hardly take the strain. Checked plugs etc, etc, etc. finally did compression test on individual cylinders and absolutely zero on one side. I was astonished that it started and ran (fairly smooth). Finally took the engine out and removed the head to find that one of the push rods was totaled as well as messing up the bottom of the piston. The cylinder is clean with no scratches but the crank ?journal is slightly scratched. I'll try to attach pictures.

I have searched out parts : push rod, piston and the various gaskets and the price is near $900. I almost bought a whole tractor from e-bay for around $500 but lost it on the last second of biding where i was in total lear for the final hour???sometimes I think fishy thing go on there, but I am a simple gardener...

Any suggestions of leads from the forum....

Attachments

• IMG_0027.jpg
    IMG_0027.jpg
    370.4 KB · Views: 345
  • IMG_0075.JPG
    IMG_0075.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_0078.JPG
    IMG_0078.JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_0083.JPG
    IMG_0083.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_0086.JPG
    IMG_0086.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 226
   / Need onan engine for my Bolens QT 16 #2  
I have a complete Onan 16hp motor that ran well when it came out of a Sears tractor... It's complete and looks good... If you are interested, pm me and i'll try to get some picts of it.

SR

/ Need onan engine for my Bolens QT 16
I have a complete Onan 16hp motor that ran well when it came out of a Sears tractor... It's complete and looks good... If you are interested, pm me and i'll try to get some picts of it.

SR

Dear Rob: Is the Onan a B43M GA 016? Yes send me pictures and roughly what are you asking for it.
Thanks for the reply, docrocky