Mower deck belt - Bolens

/ Mower deck belt - Bolens #1  

dgl

Tractor
JD 2210
I have a 20 year old Bolens lawn tractor with a 42" mmm. The mmm belt finally gave out. It's about 12' long. Does anyone have an idea where i can find a replacement online?

/ Mower deck belt - Bolens #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I have a 20 year old Bolens lawn tractor with a 42" mmm. The mmm belt finally gave out. It's about 12' long. )</font>

12 feet long??? Maybe you should check the length again. If you have an AutoZone in your area they should be able to help you out. They carry a good selection of utility belts and their prices are reasonable.
Ken /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Mower deck belt - Bolens
It is 12 feet plus. It runs from the PTO pulley around the entire 42" deck.

/ Mower deck belt - Bolens #4  
The link below might help you. The locator took me all the way to a bunch of Bolens mower numbers which will lead to Gates belt part #'s. I don't know if your deck is listed, but it's a good start. Even if the locator doesn't get you to the belt, I bet Gates makes it, so I'd keep searching on that site.
I've used Gates or equivalent belts for years on various old Wheelhorse tractors - always easily available and a whole lot less expensive than the tractor manufacturer's belt (probably made by Gates!)

Gates Belt Locator

/ Mower deck belt - Bolens #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( It is 12 feet plus. It runs from the PTO pulley around the entire 42" deck. )</font>

12 feet plus of belt length still seams way too long /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif. Is this the belt circumference at the pitch line?
Ken /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ken, the belt broke, so when I lay it out on my garage floor it is slightly longer (end to end) than 12'.

Renz, Tkank you for the info on gates. I'll follow up with them.

/ Mower deck belt - Bolens #7  
Ken
12 foot is the same belt I use on my IH cub-F… It is actually a B144. The B in a belt id number is the width and the 144 is its length in inches.
dgl You should be able to get your belt at any bearing supplier. Fill out your profile so we know where you are, someone may be able to recommend a supplier that is local to you. KennyV.

/ Mower deck belt - Bolens #8  
Time to retire that old work horse and buy yourself one of those new $15,000 sub compact tractors that can do anything that the Bolens can do, just more expensively... former Bolens HT20 owner........ 3 sold and 3 more to go...... Each time I sell one, I buy another Kubota accessory....

Junkman, I did buy a JD 2210 recently. But the old Bolens just won't give up the ghost!

/ Mower deck belt - Bolens #10  
That Bolens will still be running strong when you attend the funeral for the JD2210.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif